playMaker

Author Topic: itween camera and firing event  (Read 1565 times)

kryptopath

• Playmaker Newbie
itween camera and firing event
« on: September 09, 2014, 08:46:35 AM »
hi,
i am setting up a small testscene, where you hit a button and the camera moves to another place. when the camera is in this place, a light switches on. the light has an animation with some flickering.

the cameramovement is no problem with i tween, works as expected. but the light ignores everything. i created a global event to be sent to the light. nothing happens. the animation plays when i start the scene and completly ignores every action i attach to it. stop animation, play animation... nothing. i get it to work, when i set the light intesity at start to 0 and after transition to 1. this works when i attach the actions to the button the camera should react to. if i attach this to the light alone and let it wait for the event from itween, it will stay dark.
so, no animation and no event reaches the light.. any help or suggestion?

thx!!!

kryptopath

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: itween camera and firing event
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 10:38:23 AM »
so.. i removed everything and start to redo everything. first thing: are both components on an animated object needed? (animation AND animator?)
i have a first fsm with "stop animation". good.. no animation played. after the transition where the animation should be played, nothing happens..

on the firin event. i have a box you can click on. when it is clicked a global event gets send to move an object. works like it should. but the event should be picked up by another object (a light, that should turn on) but nothing happens.. i can attach the actions for the light directly to the other fsm (the box you can click on) and it works.

the whole scene shoudl work like click on box, camera moves to antoher place where the aniamtion of the light starts when you get there..

edit.. after restartin unity i have an error, that the tranistion is not used by any event (itween firing the event at the end, light waiting for this transition).. but it is :(
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 12:40:28 PM by kryptopath »