playMaker

Author Topic: iOS to Android Switching Build?  (Read 3858 times)

serenefox

• Serenefox Games
iOS to Android Switching Build?
« on: September 18, 2014, 04:22:32 PM »
I have just finished a game for iOS and I want to port it to Android. Everything is about 98% made with Playmaker, but my question is, if I switch the build platform to Android, what are the chances something will break in my game?

I know where are the iOS specific stuff is and i would take that out after the switch but I am concerned about the playmaker actions. Is there any chance of things breaking? Everything works great on multiple different iOS devices by the way.

I am asking this because I don't have an Android device powerful enough to test my game currently(I plan on getting one but it won't be for a little while). I have an old device but I am pretty sure it won't run my game(Obviously I am going to try anyway but just in case, I wanted to ask this question first).

The only plugins I am using are iOS Native which I will be switching to Android Native as soon as I get this straightened out. As well as Easy Save 2 and Simple Object pool. I know that I should ask the creators of those if they will work, but thats just some extra information for now, as I am currently worried about gameplay actions.

Thanks!
Most Recent Published Games:
Juicy Theater - Android

jess84

Re: iOS to Android Switching Build?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 04:22:50 AM »
I don't foresee any problems with those that you've mentioned.

Also, remember that the android sdk includes a pretty good emulator. Other than the purchase related functions, you should be able to test everything else on the emulator, including leaderboards, achievements etc.

serenefox

• Serenefox Games
Re: iOS to Android Switching Build?
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 09:23:38 AM »
Thanks for the reply! One of my friends was telling me about the emulator, I had no idea that it had the ability to do what it does. I will have to try that. On my last game I just went straight to the device to test so I never tried it but now I might have to.

Thanks again!
Most Recent Published Games:
Juicy Theater - Android