playMaker

Author Topic: Easy PUN setup  (Read 5164 times)

ghost010

• Junior Playmaker
Easy PUN setup
« on: August 09, 2014, 11:12:30 AM »
After allot of frustration with setting up PUN in unity and playmaker, i decided to make a package to make it easier to setup PUN in any project.
I ended up with a drop in solution with fully documented states and FSMs and a documented pdf to explain allot of stuff.

My goal was to make it as easy as possible and hopefully  break the wall for others.

Its my first asset store package and im eager to know what people think about it and how much of a help it was.

I am planning to update the package with some more complicated stuff in the near future(but will try to describe/document it as layman's terms as possible).

Even tough i could have just made it a simple drop in package, i wanted the user to learn what each state does and possible make them do their own adjustments to make it fit their game how they want it.

So if you are interested, here is the link: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/18977

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
Re: Easy PUN setup
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 12:12:16 AM »
Looks like a nice learning tool. I'll pick this up when I get back from vacation, anxious to try it!
More templates on the Unity Asset Store!

Disclosure: We are using affiliate links to our assets; we may receive a commission for purchases made through them. This helps us to continue developing and maintaining great products!

ghost010

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 09:48:30 PM »
Be sure to let me know if there need to be some improvements or any thing you'd like to see(if im able to).

escpodgames

• Assets
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 09:49:20 PM »
Were you looking to update this when Playmaker 1.8 comes out with the new Photon updates?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 09:33:19 AM »
Hi,

That's a great initiative! I have made an rss entry for this.

I am currently working on ExitGames turnTable system, so I guess you'll also had a chance to create some comprehensive materials when that's going to be out.

Bye,

Jean

ghost010

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 07:41:13 AM »
Cant wait for the turntable system! i love turn based games.

And yess i will probably be updating the package for 1.8 considering what i typed below this line... in due time.

The package has been on a stall sins allot of **** is happening in my private live(college -> need stuff complete for graduation..and my college is the worst!. Thief's trying to steal my rims from my car.. and the prosecution has been delayed to after 28th of november[wtf?] work work work. And more).

For now in the little less[subjective] time for my self(when im not demotivated and just sitting behind my pc youtubing.. i know, its bad.. but with all that stuff going on, who can be motivated??)

Im working on my own strategy game project, i have not decided if i will be using photon for it, but there will be things derived from it that will be in the next update for the package.

I will also be covering theory on how to processes things like projectiles and what might be the best practice of doing them as i feel that it is one of the hardest topics to sync over photon considering the lag.

As soon as i get my diploma, ill hopefully attend game design on a better college or work full time and hopefully can get every thing in a structured workflow.