playMaker

Author Topic: Unity 4.6 UI Canvas(text) problem not Updating Real-time  (Read 3515 times)

HanibalDM

• Playmaker Newbie
Unity 4.6 UI Canvas(text) problem not Updating Real-time
« on: September 24, 2014, 09:29:17 AM »
Hi!
I was making score system with Playmaker for my Game in Unity 4.6.
So I created UI -> Canvas and added Text component to it. (Because somehow if there is Text(with Text component) as a child I don't get any results)

So I have a player when it touches the Trigger - I Send Event to Score_Manager where it adds 1 point to integer variable - then coverts it to the String variable - then passes ( uGui Sent) to Canvas with Text Component.

The Deal is that I see my score updated when the scene is restarted but I want to see it real-time when I got triggered.

BTW please advise me a smart way to keep the Highest score in order to integrate it with playmaker to GameCenter.
Thank you ^)

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
Re: Unity 4.6 UI Canvas(text) problem not Updating Real-time
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 11:17:03 AM »
Not sure what you mean exactly. The variable is changing fine but Gamecenter is not reflecting the highest score until the game is restarted?
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

HanibalDM

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Unity 4.6 UI Canvas(text) problem not Updating Real-time
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 01:56:36 PM »
1.The variable is changing fine and Is Sent (uGui Send) to Canvas with Text component.
Problem: Score does not change real time while I play the scene. It changes only when Scene is reloaded. Dunno how to fix that.
2.I was asking about some wise ways how to proper set Save Score function and  to integrate with GameCenter with playmaker native functions and not buying plug-ins ^)