playMaker

Author Topic: A problem about Combo !  (Read 1688 times)

NewTo

• Playmaker Newbie
A problem about Combo !
« on: September 25, 2014, 09:16:03 AM »
Hello, I begun to make a game few weeks ago with some friends so I had to learn playmaker and unity with absolutely 0 knowledge about game making.
My character now have multiple speed values for different run modes, he can fight, edge climb,respawn, roll, go to 0hp,die and my level can reload after death.

Now I have a big big problem about fighting... the combos !
To prepare myself about combo making with playmaker I had an idea, let me try to explain:
I made a rolling animation in 3 steps.Here is how it have to work :
Let's say the normal rolling animation (step1+step2) last 6 seconds.
and If "space" is pressed during step1 the result will be Step1+step3 for it take less time to my character to get up.
step1+2= 6 sec
step1+3= 5 sec

Step 1 = You press the roll button, Roll animation begin for 3 seconds,the animation stops when the head of the character hit the floor in the exact middle of the roll.
Step 2 = If you have not pressed any button then the Step 2 Will play automatically, meaning that the character will do a very classical roll animation.

Step 3  = If you have pressed "space" button  (During the 3 first sec) then the character,when his head will hit the floor,will play the step3 animation to get on his feet quicker.

Here is where I'm stuck : During the step 1 If I press "space" then it directly play the step3.

Here is what I think I have to do : Find a way to store my input somewhere during step 1 and at the exact end of the step one I need to check if the button input was stored to know if it will play step 2 or step 3.

So if you people can share some knowledge about what tools to use to do that it would be greatly appreciated !

I hope my lack of vocabulary and my lack of technical terms will not be a problem for you to understand me.
Thank you for reading.
Bye bye !!