playMaker

Author Topic: XR (VR) Input Actions  (Read 4233 times)

tcmeric

• Beta Group
XR (VR) Input Actions
« on: May 27, 2020, 02:31:13 PM »
Hi, I have not been around the forums too much lately, however you can usually catch me on the slack chat.

Originally I talked of doing an action release for VRTK4 (like I did with VRTK3), however, after consideration, I decided not to support VRTK4, but rather the unity native XR input solution.

Current repo: https://github.com/dumbgamedev/UnityXRPlaymaker

Note that the XR input solution from unity uses a different architecture than VRTK3, however, in many ways, it fills somewhat the same void.

Currently, I have actions for getting all the controller inputs values (0 - 1, etc) and controller states (button-down). As well, it includes a proxy script for sending controller inputs to playmaker FSM by fsm events. (It also includes Unity Events and standard delegate/events if you want to use those as well).

More actions will like be added soon. If you need assistance, best place to find me is on slack: https://invite-playmaker-slack.herokuapp.com
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 03:49:04 AM by tcmeric »

edufurla

• Junior Playmaker
Re: XR Input Actions
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2020, 09:57:17 AM »
That seems great. Thanks Tcmeric!
 I will try it next week. :)

tcmeric

• Beta Group
Re: XR (VR) Input Actions
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 03:52:22 AM »
Package has been updated to include getting/ setting controller positions, rotations, velocity, device info, etc.

Adam Z

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2020, 09:02:31 AM »
Package has been updated to include getting/ setting controller positions, rotations, velocity, device info, etc.

Thanks for this!

Adam Z

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2020, 11:45:45 AM »
Hey Eric, I was able to get your Playmaker Actions loaded without any issues.  I am a bit lost with how to get the position and rotation of the controllers. So I'm using 'Get XR Device Transform Info' action, every frame, but I'm not getting the coordinates.  I added three 'XR Controller Input.cs' scripts to an empty game object, and and choose Left Hand, Right Hand, and Head for those. Is there something else I need to do?