playMaker

Author Topic: Steamworks.NET  (Read 77368 times)

ManicMinerUK

• Junior Playmaker
Re: Steamworks.NET
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2015, 09:52:14 PM »
I'm also using this set of actions, and I think I've found a fairly clear-cut problem with the "Steam Unlock Achievement" action.

I'm using it, and it DOES award the achievements.. however you only get notifications for it after you close the game.

The Steamworks.NET FAQ mentions this problem specifically, and says "This is most likely caused by not calling SteamAPI.RunCallbacks() in your game or not calling SteamUserStats.StoreStats() after you set an achievement."

I'm far from an expert programmer (hence why I'm using Playmaker for this) but looking at the action I am using, this seems to be entirely true. I tried putting a debug log to record if the SteamUserStats.StoreStats thing is called, and the log never shows up in the console.

terri

• terrivellmann.tumblr.com
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2015, 10:06:42 AM »
are you testing it on steam?
I do remember that being a thing while testing inside unity, but once you get the build up there it worked

ManicMinerUK

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2015, 09:25:47 PM »
it was a thing testing anywhere.

In the end we fixed it by just pasting "SteamUserStats.StoreStats();" into the unlock achievement action - I can't say I know enough coding to say if that's a GOOD solution or not, but it seems to be working so far?

terri

• terrivellmann.tumblr.com
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2015, 08:07:26 AM »
hey if it works, it works

Aaddiction

« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2015, 03:23:28 PM »
Hello,

How can the friends' of the player can be notified the the players is playing the game at the moment with these actions?

zorranco

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2015, 10:50:31 AM »
So, to have access to matchmaking you have to be already a steam developer?

That's odd...they could grant access to limited accounts, just like photon do, to test/learn the features about matchmaking, lobbies etc...

This way, to just test how system works, I must start my own enterprise lol

« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 10:53:27 AM by zorranco »

Codybean1

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2016, 04:20:55 AM »
Hey guys. I've got a strange problem and I'm not sure what causes it to act so inconsistently regarding Achievements.

SteamManager.cs has no issues communicating with Steamworks to signal that I'm running the game. However, everything I do related to Achievements has basically been flying blind. "Steam Get Achievement" returns nothing, and "Steam Unlock Achievement" used to work actually, but has now always turned False when attempting to use it. I've closed both Unity and Steam multiple times and have updated the Achievement list on the Partner site, but I still can't quite seem to figure out what's preventing me from accessing Steam achievements from the Unity Editor like I used to.

It's come to the point where it doesn't matter if I initialize the Achievements or type in their IDs character-by-character. It just all results in failing to successfully unlock an Achievement, let alone get one's name as a String. I've even gone as far as to replace the Version 1.0.1 of SteamManager.cs that the Playmaker actions came with with a modified Version 1.0.3 and hope that it changes anything, but no.

I'd by more than happy to figure out what I'm doing wrong, because I've been at this all day. Help would be nice.

MABManZ

• 1.2 Beta
    • MABManZ.com
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2016, 11:14:21 PM »
Anyone know if it's possible to use the Steamworks invite system using Playmaker (using the Steamworks overlay)?

clandestine

• ЯKD.ZONE
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2016, 04:54:23 AM »
Hey tribe, could somebody point me in the right direction:
I have 2 leaderboards, if i setup one of them, then call it all works well, but if i setup 2 the second one gives the following error, its always the second one even if i swap them. Im' sure the solution is something simple.

What am i doing wrong?

A million thanks in advance!

PS: If setup and execute each from a separate FSM the same happens, the first one executed goes through the second fails.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 05:15:09 AM by clandestine »

Skermunkel

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2016, 03:45:42 PM »
Hi I seem to be having some trouble with these actions. I have set up everything as indicated but whenever I try to Setup Achievements, Stats or Leaderboards, or try to Get/Set any of them the State containing the action just freezes up and I get the following error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.SteamSetupAchievements.OnEnter () (at Assets/Standalone/PlayMaker/SteamSetupAchievements.cs:26)

Please, please, please any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as I am on a tight schedule and this is holding me back, I am using Unity 5.3.4p2 and the latest versions of Playmaker and Steamworks.NET

Thanks in advance for any help or advice on the matter.

Skermunkel

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2016, 05:08:38 PM »
I managed to get it working now, I just forgot to put all the necessary Stats/Achievements/Leaderboard code into the SteamManager script, it seems to work beautifully now.

The only thing that is still giving me problems is Setting Stats, no matter what I do I always get the error message "Stat Not Found", Ive tried using the ID number of the stat, the API Name and the Display Name (even changing the API Name, publishing and then testing again) but no matter what I do I keep getting the above error.

Please any help on the matter would be immensely appreciated.

clandestine

• ЯKD.ZONE
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2016, 01:01:20 AM »
I managed to get it working now, I just forgot to put all the necessary Stats/Achievements/Leaderboard code into the SteamManager script, it seems to work beautifully now.
Hey SkobbejakGames, could you show us how do you setup the FSM and actions? Do you have 1 leaderboard or more? Please show me how you set it up.

Skermunkel

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2016, 05:33:31 AM »
@clandestine: Yes I do have more than 1 Leaderboard and it seems to work perfectly. I just Setup both the Leaderboards with one "Setup Leaderboards" action on an empty game object, I then upload the Leaderboard Score to my Leaderboards from any other object using the "Upload Score" action and it seems to always work.

Hope the info helps.

clandestine

• ЯKD.ZONE
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2016, 06:36:24 AM »
@clandestine: Yes I do have more than 1 Leaderboard and it seems to work perfectly. I just Setup both the Leaderboards with one "Setup Leaderboards" action on an empty game object, I then upload the Leaderboard Score to my Leaderboards from any other object using the "Upload Score" action and it seems to always work.

Hope the info helps.

Thanks a lot man, i'm doing exactly the same and it bugs out, i'll redo my FSM from scratch and see what happens.

PS: Besides the PlayMaker Steamworks.NET actions, you have the Steam Manager script, right? Any other script needed?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 06:41:45 AM by clandestine »

Skermunkel

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2016, 06:49:21 AM »
You also need the SteamLeaderboards and SteamStatsAndAchievements scripts which are included with the Playmaker Actions Package. You also need to include the definitions, assignments and calls for the Leaderboards and StatsAnAchievements into your SteamManager script (check the SteamManager script in the Playmaker Actions package for reference, dont copy it over as you should use your SteamManager script with your AppID settings, the SteamManager included with the package is also from an older version of Steamworks.NET)

Hope the info helps.