PlayMaker Help & Tips > PlayMaker Help

Activating a game object problem.

(1/12) > >>

coffeeANDsoda:
I have a object with a trigger box that I want to use in order to turn on another object for a puzzle. And with that box, I set up a trigger event to flow into Activate Game Object in another state. Here's the problem, the object I want to enable doesn't activate/turn on.

Does that mean I have to set up a colliding system that relies on a global variable? Or am I missing another state to make it work? Bare in mind the object I want to turn on has a FSM that's disabled.

kanae:
You have to store the game object you want to enable inside a variable - then call it with another FSM, that's the only way to activate a disabled object, using playmaker.  at least that's what I think I've figured out today, after much of the same issue...

the other way is to child the object and call it with another FSM in the same structure, but that could get messy organization wise

coffeeANDsoda:

--- Quote from: kanae on October 18, 2014, 08:17:33 PM ---You have to store the game object you want to enable inside a variable - then call it with another FSM, that's the only way to activate a disabled object, using playmaker.

--- End quote ---

So would that mean I have to make another trigger plus another FSM for the boxed trigger to turn on the puzzle?

kanae:
Just have a state in/with your trigger that stores the gameobject in a variable then activates that gameobject under your trigger events

coffeeANDsoda:

--- Quote from: kanae on October 18, 2014, 11:41:27 PM ---Just have a state in/with your trigger that stores the gameobject in a variable then activates that gameobject under your trigger events

--- End quote ---

To make sure, when I create the variable inside that FSM, do I set the Variable Type to GameObject? Because I tried making it a global variable with the object itself and it doesn't work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version