playMaker

Author Topic: Match Game Advice/help  (Read 1325 times)

statrick

• Playmaker Newbie
Match Game Advice/help
« on: October 20, 2014, 05:50:31 PM »
Hello,

I just started using Unity and playmaker and i need some advice. I'm not sure exactly what genre it would fall into but I'm trying to make a match game, with a similar style to Connect 4.

So here is my problem

I have a 5x5 Grid with Five different types of game objects(numbered 1-5) that you drop in vertically. The way i want it to work is the blocks with the same number as their are blocks in its row (vertically or horizontally) will be destroyed/disappear. So if their are 4 blocks in a row the blocks in that row with the #4 on them will be destroyed.

So i need to create a way to scan each row and detect how many blocks in that row and then destroy the blocks in that row with the number that matches the row amount.

So my question is, what would be the some different methods i should be looking into to best accomplish this? Any suggestions would be a huge help.

Thanks
stat
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 01:11:49 AM by statrick »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Match Game Advice/help
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 09:24:29 PM »
i'm also interested what the best way to do that, i am planning a slot machine like game.

i was thinking something like :
set a "int switch" on each grid to check whats in it, that changes a bool (for example : grid_A1_apple)
then check in different fsms bools with "bool all true" (for example : grid_A1_apple upto grid_A4_apple) and then A2 upto A5
but i think this will be a lot of setting up this way