playMaker

Author Topic: Photon not working.  (Read 3021 times)

sphisis

• Playmaker Newbie
Photon not working.
« on: October 23, 2014, 02:50:33 PM »
Hey!
Wanted to test if i could get the photon demo running with the tutorial found on this site, but got stumbled pretty soon. I have no technical background, so didn't have my hopes very high to start with.

I got the scene to play, but as soon as i tried to create a room or connect to one, i got this error. Thanks and sorry  ;)

JoinRoom failed. Client is not on Master Server or not yet ready to call operations. Wait for callback: OnJoinedLobby or OnConnectedToMaster.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
PhotonNetwork:JoinRoom(String) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonNetwork.cs:1525)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.PhotonNetworkJoinRoom:OnEnter() (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/PlayMaker/Actions/PhotonNetworkJoinRoom.cs:30)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState:ActivateActions(Int32)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState:OnEnter()
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:EnterState(FsmState)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:SwitchState(FsmState)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:UpdateStateChanges()
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:DoTransition(FsmTransition, Boolean)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:ProcessEvent(FsmEvent, FsmEventData)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:Event(FsmEventTarget, FsmEvent)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:Event(FsmEvent)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.GUILayoutButton:OnGUI() (at Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/GUILayoutButton.cs:45)
PlayMakerGUI:CallOnGUI(Fsm)
PlayMakerGUI:OnGUI()

kanae

• Junior Playmaker
Re: Photon not working.
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 04:25:12 PM »
Like the error says it can't join the room.  Photon must first be able to connect using your personal ID (using the set up wizard).  Then join a lobby.  Then create a room in that lobby.  There are actions for all of these.

https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W928
Has the Photon documentation

http://www.hutonggames.com/samples.php
Has the samples.  If you have no technical background then you probably won't be able to get Photon working on your own without studying the sample demo and player prefab very closely.  Remember for the demo you'll have to input your own photon ID in the network wizard.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 04:26:43 PM by kanae »