playMaker

Author Topic: Background sounds in playmaker  (Read 2645 times)

coffeeANDsoda

Background sounds in playmaker
« on: November 09, 2014, 07:10:05 PM »
How does a person get background sounds or music to play throughout a level or main menu with playmaker? Isn't there a method like creating a pattern of states with actions, creating a loop? How would that work?

kanae

• Junior Playmaker
Re: Background sounds in playmaker
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 12:38:26 PM »
Dude!  action:  "Play Sound", set the vector 3/fsm on the camera or player.  When it's finished just loop it...

Music is sound... xD

coffeeANDsoda

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 03:42:21 PM »
action:  "Play Sound", set the vector 3/fsm on the camera or player.  When it's finished just loop it...

And you can do this by making a separate FSM, or  would a global transition have to be used on the same?

I ask this because when you mentioned this, I thought it would be good idea if I made another FSM on the main camera instead of adding another global transition.

kanae

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 05:13:37 PM »
Well I mentioned attaching it to the player/camera because then you can use getowner/vector 3 and send it to the sound vector3 in case the "camera"/player moves.  So, if you want your sound source to move with the audio listener, put it on the object with the audio listener

To be honest I've never used playmaker audio before, but since Play Sound has a vector3 input I assume it's because the sound will be stationary unless you tell it to move with the audio listener if it moves.  With other methods you can just get rid of the audio falloff but I don't know if there's a way to do that with playmaker.

I just thought to search for "audio source" and i see there are also audio actions.  unfortunately i've never used this so I don't know if using set audio clip or audio play uses the sound falloff.