playMaker

Author Topic: Interested in getting Playmaker  (Read 2041 times)

Arialle Körsbärsträden

• Playmaker Newbie
Interested in getting Playmaker
« on: November 11, 2014, 11:04:24 PM »
Hello~! I am C# programmer who was searching for a good implementation of a finite state machine and found PlayMaker. I have had an extensive background working with another scripting engine called MUGEN and had a couple of questions about PlayMaker before committing myself to buying it. Please keep in mind that I am trying to make a 3d fighter beat em up.

-Is it possible for game objects (characters) to have one inherited finite state machine for basics such as standing, walking, getting hurt and jumping and then have another FSM that has only global transitions such as special moves or normals for that one character?

-Does PlayMaker support having multiple triggers with an "AND" or "OR" to fire an event?

-Is there any way to fire an event at a particular frame of animation?

-Is it possible to create one FSM for character logic with states such as standing, walking, and jumping and another FSM for AI?

-Does PlayMaker support the new UI features found from the Unity5 beta?

-Can PlayMaker listen and fire an event upon reading a list of input commands such as, down, down-forward, forward and an attack button?

Thank you so much for taking the time and energy to read this post! I did went though the 13 tutorial videos and was kinda pleased of what I am seeing so far. While I can implement all of the videos though C#, I feel better writing less and getting more done quickly. I do hope to get some answers while the Unity asset store still have that lovely discounted price. :)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 11:24:35 PM by Arialle Körsbärsträden »

marcos

• 1.2 Beta
Re: Interested in getting Playmaker
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 11:39:56 PM »
Hey, welcome!

You can certainly do all of that. Unity 5 compatibility is just around the corner, but the current version works with the new UI stuff in Unity 4.6.

I've been playing around making a 2d fighting game with PlayMaker, and it seems very doable.

It's very rough, and I haven't spent much time on it, but here's a link to that thread:

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=8428.0