playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker and Camera Path Animator Button action  (Read 2204 times)

Pedagogic368

• Playmaker Newbie
Playmaker and Camera Path Animator Button action
« on: November 18, 2014, 10:48:59 AM »
Good morning -

I have a scene with three cameras (scene loads on  Home Camera). The user can choose to skip the intro (Path Camera ) and go directly to a location in the scene (Main Camera).

The issue is that the button to start the Intro has to be activated twice before it works - afterwards it works fine. So when the game loads it loads with the "Start Intro" button, then I click it and it goes to the "Stop Intro" button - but nothing happens. Then I click it again and this time the process works. "Start Intro" - the Path Camera loads and starts to move along the path. The "Stop Button" is visible and works.

The Path Camera is animated along a path (Camera Path Animator ver. 3.32).

When the scene loads one GUI button choice is to "Start Intro" set up in Playmaker as follows:

FSM (CameraManager)
1. Start-[State - Intro NotPlaying] [Event - Start Intro {GUI button "Start Intro"}]
flows into
2. [State - Playing - Finished {Cut to Camera -Path Camera} {Invoke Method - Start Camera Path, CameraPathAnimator, Play}]
flows into
3. [State - Intro Playing] [Event - Stop Intro {GUI button "Stop Intro"}]
flows into
4. [State - not moving - Finished {Cut to Camera -Home Camera} {Invoke Method - Start Camera Path, CameraPathAnimator, Stop}]
flows back to Intro NotPlaying, where it all starts!

Why does the button only work correctly after it has been activated the second time? I am invoking a method in script along the StartCameraPath called the CameraPathAnimator - Play. I do not see any booleans in this method that would require it to be activated twice.

Pedagogic368

• Playmaker Newbie
SOLVED - Re: Playmaker and Camera Path Animator Button action
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 07:19:56 PM »
See flow chart for how I finally figured it out.