playMaker

Author Topic: Wamble On! - My first game using Playmaker  (Read 4524 times)

Uns33n

• Playmaker Newbie
Wamble On! - My first game using Playmaker
« on: November 25, 2014, 11:13:56 AM »
I have been working on a small prototype in Unity engine using Playmaker. After realizing a quick fun mechanic with basic gameplay I stopped working on it for a while.

Finally, I decided to finish the experience and make a web build! My purpose was to make a small game suitable for web + mobile devices. I did not want to invest heavily in terms of audio and visuals (as its a solo project). Also, I did not want to increase the scope. It’s just a small nifty arcade game.

For the record... I am already in love with Playmaker! There are so many things I want to try with it! I'll keep doing more and post updates here.

What an end-user really needs to play this game is:
  • Focus
  • Timing and
  • little bit of Endurance
The idea is to provide an uncomfortable, nauseating experience. Obviously, not what a normal mobile/ web game is about. You will not play this game to relax and chill out. That is not the objective. Saying that, you must never keep playing this game over and over for 30mins or so (unless you really really want to!). This can really cause intense nausea. Just play it in short bursts :]

I am already working on an Android build (90% done). Before I push that out, you should really try to play online:

http://uns33n.itch.io/wamble-on

http://www.kongregate.com/games/JiteshP1/wamble-on

Feel free to offer your feedback and suggestions :)
What can change the nature of a man?
-Ravel

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
Re: Wamble On! - My first game using Playmaker
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 12:19:32 PM »
Seems to be stuck at the difficulty choice screen. I can pick a difficulty and it disappears, then I can click the others and they do the same but it never goes into the gameplay.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

Uns33n

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 10:03:26 PM »
Seems to be stuck at the difficulty choice screen. I can pick a difficulty and it disappears, then I can click the others and they do the same but it never goes into the gameplay.

Oh! I have seen this happen sometimes when there is an issue with net connection/ download happening in background which might eat away some bandwidth. Usually this should work, did you happen to try in other web browser?
-Ravel

reedomatic

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 06:24:04 PM »
Pretty simple and cool gameplay, I find keeping controls straight bit disorienting after the camera rotates to 180 degrees, perhaps introduce a slight wait until the next obstacle appears to allow the user to get their baring down, then reduce the wait over time? I like what you have started so far, good luck, looking forward to seeing more.

Uns33n

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 12:30:10 AM »
Pretty simple and cool gameplay, I find keeping controls straight bit disorienting after the camera rotates to 180 degrees, perhaps introduce a slight wait until the next obstacle appears to allow the user to get their baring down, then reduce the wait over time? I like what you have started so far, good luck, looking forward to seeing more.

Hey! Thanks for your valuable feedback and I'm glad you enjoyed the game :)
I was thinking about the slight wait post-rotation, but what I really want is for the user to always be on her toes while playing this. Because of this, hard mode is actually very demanding compared to the other difficulty modes. I want the player to gradually move from Easy, Medium to Hard.

Apart from this, the 90degrees rotation is causing critical difficulty peak :) Personally, I'm thinking of removing 90degree in Android build.
-Ravel

Phuzz

• Bzilla Games
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 02:56:10 PM »
Nice Work, I like this idea, keep it going  :)
Bzilla Games "Education with a Tickle!"
Qbucket Games "Voxel Games"