playMaker

Author Topic: Jerky movment with NavMesh and Cinemachine Follow Camera  (Read 2538 times)

frogwise

• Playmaker Newbie
Jerky movment with NavMesh and Cinemachine Follow Camera
« on: December 10, 2017, 04:12:19 PM »
This is always a problem for me with any kind of movement system. I recently converted my RTS style click-to-move boat to use NavMesh and a Nav Agent and I'm experiencing it again.

With a Cinemachine Camera setup to follow my boat, there is jerkyness when the camera tries to follow the boat when it's moving.  I know this is a FixedUpdate / Update / LateUpdate issue (as it always is) but I really don't have any options that would allow me to fix this it seams.

The setup is as follows :

• Parent master Game Object for the boat has the Nav Agent on it and a Box Collider.
    Child of that parent has the mesh of the boat on it.
    Child of that mesh has a projectile on it that is a RigidBody that can shoot when triggered.

So I know it has something to do with the fact that my entire hierarchy is not a RigidBody except that one projectile that is tagging along. The camera follow and the NavMesh must be getting confused.

Any help would be appreciated!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Jerky movment with NavMesh and Cinemachine Follow Camera
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 01:15:34 AM »
Hi,

Where is the involvment of PlayMaker here? if PlayMaker is not moving the boat nor moving the camera, the solution lies in navmesh or cinemachine setup. Have you asked on Unity forum as well?

I have not tried cinemachine yet, so I don't have much experience yet on this... sorry :)

Bye,

Jean

frogwise

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 03:33:17 AM »
Hey Jean!

I am using the Pathfinding package from Ecosystem to drive the NavMesh Agent to Destination.

I will also ask on the Unity forums :)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 01:23:49 AM »
Hi,

uhm.. but even with this, pathfinding is actually moving agent, it's never PlayMaker, PlayMaker only lets you talk to the pathfinding or agent to tell it what to do, but doesn't set it's position manually.

Let me know if you are not getting anywhere with this early next week, and I'll have a look.

Bye,

Jean