playMaker

Author Topic: NGUI?  (Read 2302 times)

MarkD

NGUI?
« on: October 01, 2014, 11:50:13 AM »
Hey guys,

I've been thinking of purchasing NGUI as I understand that it's a really effective and easy to use for creating UI but also because Playmaker has integrated with it so that it works nicely together.

But before I drop the $$ on NGUI I wanted to hear if any of you had any advice or opinions on it.

Any advice would be appreciated :)

• Beta Group
    • Flashing Lights
Re: NGUI?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 12:22:04 PM »
Was thinking the same, but for now I'm waiting for the new Unity GUI to come out, in forum there are beta on this I think. Not tested yet.

I would suggest to wait if your project allows that :)

Edit:

uGUI (WIP)
http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=8452.0
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 12:23:45 PM by 600 »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 07:46:12 AM »
Hi,

yes, I would wait here, cause I am actually ( as I write ) working an event and value bridge between uGUI and PlayMaker, so in the coming days, you'll get a proper system to start working effectivly with uGUI  and Playmaker.

Bye,

Jean

Recon0303

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 05:18:50 AM »
I know this is old, I been using NGUI for awhile now, I like it way better than UGUI.   You have less code to write and everything is clean , tweening s great as well  in NGUI.

I do use UGUI a little , but I have  used it a lot and  can't see myself using it over NGUI.  I'm a professional C# coder.   So no idea how well it is in Play maker, I just picked up Play maker to try it , to help me speed up development for demos for my  games.  I hear its good for that  since I already can program, I wasn't gong to buy it, but   I  been seeing other programmers giving great reviews.