playMaker

Author Topic: Mouse Pick Event - 'Mouse Off' should act like 'Trigger Exit'  (Read 1382 times)

bfd

• Playmaker Newbie
Mouse Pick Event - 'Mouse Off' should act like 'Trigger Exit'
« on: December 06, 2014, 06:04:34 PM »
As far as I can tell this is just the way Playmaker works (and if so, I hope it can be changed!) but it's entirely possible I'm doing something wrong in my FSM setup.

I'm using a Mouse Pick Event, but the 'Mouse Off' event seems to trigger literally any and every time the mouse is just somewhere not on this object. That seems very odd and not particularly useful to me. I would expect Mouse Off to work like Trigger Exit, so that this event is only triggered when the mouse has been on the object and then leaves.

I really hope this is something I'm doing wrong, because it's making things incredibly difficult for me. Even with a Next Frame Event, the relevant FSM just fires over and over again - any time the mouse isn't on the object in question. Potentially I suppose I could have a variable that records if the mouse is over the object, and ignores all 'mouse off' events when this is not the case - but I really think a 'Trigger Exit' style of 'Mouse Off' action makes much more sense.