playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker can't load [SOLVED]  (Read 2307 times)

Traxxas119

• Playmaker Newbie
Playmaker can't load [SOLVED]
« on: December 08, 2014, 12:38:25 PM »
I've been running a newer project and when I went to import playmaker, it loads in but the tabs are blank and the windows with playmaker are black. I downloaded 1.7.7.2 again just to make sure my old one wasn't corrupted.

I tried starting a new project and importing, even exporting a project with a working playmaker but still no go.

Has anyone encountered this before?

PS Oh I also tried updating unity to 4.6 from 4.5 and still the same

« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 02:24:13 PM by Alex Chouls »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Playmaker can't load
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 01:08:49 PM »
There are some troubleshooting tips here:
https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W624

Traxxas119

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 01:29:57 PM »
Thanks Alex, that was the first place I went to but couldn't figure it out. Its spitting out this error in the console. (I should of put this in the first post, oops)

Code: [Select]
System.Uri..ctor (System.String uriString, Boolean dontEscape)
System.Uri..ctor (System.String uriString)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.PlayMakerPaths..cctor ()
Rethrow as TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.PlayMakerPaths
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.EditorApp.get_IsSourceCodeVersion ()
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEditorUtility.LoadDllResource (System.String resourceName, Int32 width, Int32 height)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEditorStyles.InitCommon ()
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEditorStyles.Init ()
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.WelcomeWindow.OnGUI ()
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:241)
UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:234)
UnityEditor.HostView.OnGUI () (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:126)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 01:56:49 PM by Traxxas119 »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 02:07:02 PM »
Strange, I haven't seen that error before...

What exact version of Unity are you using? 4.5.x
Have you tried resetting the layout?

Can you upload your project somewhere (e.g. dropbox) and PM me a private link so I can look at it? (don't post the link since it would include Playmaker).

Traxxas119

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 02:13:44 PM »
OKAY so this was a bit of a weird one. My project was on the network and was spitting out an error but I didn't think it was enough to stop Playmaker. Apparently it was and works Locally fine. You just need to map MonoDev so it syncs with unity (so the project doesn't look like this "\\server\project\game")

So it wasn't really playmakers fault. Thanks Alex though!

SOLVED

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
Re: Playmaker can't load [SOLVED]
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 02:25:40 PM »
Thanks for posting the solution... I'm sure it will help somebody else with the same problem someday!