playMaker

Author Topic: Scale Time Trigger Detection Issue [SOLVED]  (Read 2649 times)

coxy17

• Beta Group
Scale Time Trigger Detection Issue [SOLVED]
« on: December 12, 2014, 06:15:41 AM »
Hi, im using 'Scale Time' action to speed up my physics and it works ok but when my layer for example is walking into Triggers upon OnTriggerEnter it sometimes doesnt catch the player entering? so basically doesnt work.

heres a screenshot of my settings.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 11:36:21 AM by coxy17 »

mdotstrange

• Can't code? Who cares! Make games anyway!
Re: Scale Time Trigger Detection Issue
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 09:59:35 PM »
Are you changing the time value constantly? Seems like having it run every frame would be pretty heavy- might mess with other functions- does it still act erratically if you uncheck "every frame"?
Indie game dev and instructor at the Strange School. Learn Playmaker at the Strange School!

coxy17

• Beta Group
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 05:33:02 AM »
ill have a go and let you know. Im just trying to speed up physics as i want my character to jump faster etc. Is there a better solution for this?

mdotstrange

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 06:06:31 AM »
Are you doing the jump with add force or a script? If yer using add force- just adjust the force + the mass setting on the characters rigid body- if its a script look for the jump amount + gravity setting or something similar- shouldn't have to adjust the scenes time to change a jump
Indie game dev and instructor at the Strange School. Learn Playmaker at the Strange School!

coxy17

• Beta Group
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 06:17:13 AM »
hi, ive attached both jumps actions im using :)

mdotstrange

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 10:30:37 AM »
So adjust the mass on the objects rigid body and the y force and you should be able to get a jump you like- OR what I did was look through the Unity sample assets and find a jump script you like and use that one- I got one from the Unity Sample assets beta

coxy17

• Beta Group
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 04:51:18 AM »
Hi, my player jumps at an angle (45 degrees and along its self Z axis) does this exists when you was looking? ill have a go at changing the mass etc. thanks

coxy17

• Beta Group
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 11:36:06 AM »
I changed the mass from 1 to 0.5 and a few other settings and it has doubled the speed of my players jump/walk etc (what i was after). Thanks alot!