playMaker

Poll

Is it ok to remove the old asset pack for Unity 4 from Asset Store?

- Yes - Will use updated Unity 5 version only
36 (87.8%)
- No - Keep the old Unity 4.3 version asset (not updated)
5 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: Car Setup for PlayMaker [Asset]  (Read 126193 times)

Qbanyto

• Vista Larga, Paso corto
Re: Car Setup for PlayMaker [Asset]
« Reply #180 on: September 12, 2021, 05:11:07 PM »
This looks great. I want to purchase but just want to make sure I can use my own inputs (console controllers). Will this work on consoles too? I’ll be able to just add this logic to any car mesh huh. That’s cool. Lastly are you going to continue support ? Hate to buy a asset that developer abandons lol! It’s happened to me before. Let me know. Thanks!

- Price lowered by $5
- Compatibility update for Unity 2019.4+ with .NET4x and Playmaker 1.9.2+

Link to Asset Store

• Beta Group
    • Flashing Lights
« Reply #181 on: September 13, 2021, 03:24:00 AM »
Hello,
Currently it is mapped with default Unity input system, by adding Rewired or other plugin that support controllers it should work, only will need to change input actions like default GetAxis to Rewired PlayerGetAxis (for example).

I have not tested on consoles, the asset use some Set/Get Property actions and if I'm not mistaken those can not be present for console builds, so would need to look up or create custom actions for those mechanics. For example in the asset gas and brake use SetProperty, when I created the asset there was no dedicated actions for it, but I know now there are on Playmaker Ecosystem, but did not update to not brake anything for current users. For PC/Mac builds it still works.

Can use the system for other mesh indeed, there is even a Blank prefab with all wheels/moving parts ready where you can then adjust/parent custom mesh to work with.

I have supported the asset since release in December 2014, Unity 4.
Though currently I do not plan to add any additional new features.
Support is still there, contact me on support email or forums any time.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #182 on: September 13, 2021, 07:55:22 AM »
Hi.
For the Set/Get Property you can also use Linker Wizard if you have issues.

Qbanyto

« Reply #183 on: September 13, 2021, 08:36:59 PM »
Djay, will I have to use the linker with just iOS? Or also home consoles ?

• Beta Group
    • Flashing Lights
« Reply #184 on: September 14, 2021, 02:18:21 AM »
Djay, will I have to use the linker with just iOS? Or also home consoles ?
I believe will have to use linker for both iOS and consoles.

Thank you Djaydino for remind about the linker wizard ;D

Qbanyto

« Reply #185 on: September 14, 2021, 05:37:50 PM »
Oh ok. Well I hope it still works. I’ll have to figure out how to get the linker since the ecosystem has been broke for me for a long time

PolyMad

« Reply #186 on: October 21, 2021, 06:01:34 PM »
Hi!
Are the controller variables exposed?
I mean, if I want to do something with this in VR, by creating my own driving wheel, can I then connect it to your input variables to make it work, or are the controls hard coded and the variables hidden?

• Beta Group
    • Flashing Lights
« Reply #187 on: October 22, 2021, 05:56:07 AM »
Hi!
Are the controller variables exposed?
I mean, if I want to do something with this in VR, by creating my own driving wheel, can I then connect it to your input variables to make it work, or are the controls hard coded and the variables hidden?
Hello, all variables are open for edit, made directly in Playmaker and using together with Unity default input system.

Qbanyto

« Reply #188 on: October 24, 2021, 07:18:30 PM »
What’s the difference between this one and the one in the ecosystem? I’m currently using that one. The turning isn’t that great on that one to be honest
« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 07:20:36 PM by Qbanyto »

• Beta Group
    • Flashing Lights
« Reply #189 on: October 25, 2021, 03:59:37 AM »
The asset has more features and detail, the steering has per speed calculation as well, playtest demos here http://www.pamani.net/Standalones.html

Qbanyto

« Reply #190 on: October 26, 2021, 05:11:18 PM »
ok. welp, I just bought it. loaded into my project. and immediately i get 25 critical errors. can't even run play mode.

So i deleted your folder and now my game runs in play mode but SUPER SLOW. and my camera is no longer following my character for some reason. thankfully i make a backup of my project every week. so i will be able to revert back. I will open a back up and ONLY import the prefab of the car and report back. why is all this happening? I haven't made any other changes other than importing your asset.

• Beta Group
    • Flashing Lights
« Reply #191 on: October 27, 2021, 12:18:35 AM »
Best is to import it in new project ans see how it works, then port in yours. Because the asset may use some layers or tags and depending on your own setup might override or break things. Here are import notes:

Car Setup import notes:

#1 - create a new 3d project in Unity
#2 - open Asset store inside Unity (Window>Asset Store)
#3 - import Car Setup asset
#4 - import PlayMaker
#5 - install PlayMaker manually from folder Assets/Playmaker/Editor/Install, double click on Playmaker package

Between steps be sure to wait Unity compile, the loading icon right bottom corner of the Unity UI

Qbanyto

« Reply #192 on: October 27, 2021, 11:29:14 AM »
I’m very far into development of my game and have several layers and tags and cameras. Wouldn’t it just be easier to import the prefab of the car? Either way I’ll take a deeper look into this I kind of have to because my project is not broken basically.   I will take a deep dive and try to fix it and I’m sure your asset is worth it. But I was not expecting this to break down like this.

Qbanyto

« Reply #193 on: October 27, 2021, 09:20:13 PM »
here is the error log that pops up when I import your asset..

ArgumentException: Input Button Debug Previous is not setup.
 To change the input settings use: Edit -> Settings -> Input
UnityEngine.Rendering.DebugManager.SampleAction (System.Int32 actionIndex) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.core@11.0.0/Runtime/Debugging/DebugManager.Actions.cs:185)
UnityEngine.Rendering.DebugManager.UpdateActions () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.core@11.0.0/Runtime/Debugging/DebugManager.Actions.cs:244)
UnityEngine.Rendering.DebugUpdater.Update () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.core@11.0.0/Runtime/Debugging/DebugUpdater.cs:18)

CheckConsistency: GameObject does not reference component Animator. Fixing.

Assets\PlayMaker Custom Actions\Logic\FsmBoolTest.cs(16,15): error CS0101: The namespace 'HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions' already contains a definition for 'FsmBoolTest'

Assets\PlayMaker Custom Actions\Physics\SphereCast2.cs(10,18): error CS0101: The namespace 'HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions' already contains a definition for 'SphereCast2'

Assets\PlayMaker Custom Actions\Logic\FsmBoolTest.cs(14,3): error CS0579: Duplicate 'ActionCategory' attribute

Assets\PlayMaker Custom Actions\Logic\FsmBoolTest.cs(15,3): error CS0579: Duplicate 'Tooltip' attribute

Assets\PlayMaker Custom Actions\Logic\FsmBoolTest.cs(40,24): error CS0111: Type 'FsmBoolTest' already defines a member called 'Reset' with the same parameter types

Assets\PlayMaker Custom Actions\Logic\FsmBoolTest.cs(51,24): error CS0111: Type 'FsmBoolTest' already defines a member called 'OnEnter' with the same parameter types

Assets\PlayMaker Custom Actions\Logic\FsmBoolTest.cs(61,24): error CS0111: Type 'FsmBoolTest' already defines a member called 'OnUpdate' with the same parameter types

Assets\PlayMaker Custom Actions\Logic\FsmBoolTest.cs(68,8): error CS0111: Type 'FsmBoolTest' already defines a member called 'DoGetFsmBool' with the same parameter types

Assets\PlayMaker Custom Actions\Physics\SphereCast2.cs(8,6): error CS0579: Duplicate 'ActionCategory' attribute

Assets\PlayMaker Custom Actions\Physics\SphereCast2.cs(9,6): error CS0579: Duplicate 'Tooltip' attribute

Assets\PlayMaker Custom Actions\Physics\SphereCast2.cs(92,30): error CS0111: Type 'SphereCast2' already defines a member called 'Reset' with the same parameter types

Assets\PlayMaker Custom Actions\Physics\SphereCast2.cs(114,30): error CS0111: Type 'SphereCast2' already defines a member called 'OnEnter' with the same parameter types

• Beta Group
    • Flashing Lights
« Reply #194 on: October 28, 2021, 01:33:57 AM »
First is saying input missing in Input manager, CheckConsistency might be able to Clear and the rest looks like duplicate actions, choose which action location you want to keep and delete other, wait for compile.

If you say you can revert your project, I would do that and then import carsetup asset in new separate project and export as unitypackage only what you need, also by checking if any of objects that you export needs layer/tags and so can add those manually in your project.

It would be more convenient to help you via the support email, so we can share screenshots if needed.