playMaker

Author Topic: Set Property - no recursive?  (Read 1877 times)

OrionC

• Playmaker Newbie
Set Property - no recursive?
« on: December 16, 2014, 06:40:54 PM »
Hello,

I have been setting up a simple ragdoll system where I capture the pose of the animated mesh, deactivate it, then spawn the ragdoll storing the spawned ragdoll prefab in a gameObject variable and... here is where the problem occurs.

I have tried various methods of going through my prefab's bones to set IsKinematic but there seems to be no appropriate way to do this.

- First I would think get component/set property would have some sort of recursive equivalent or tick box but it seems that's not the case. I have tried looping get next child but it only returns the first tier of child objects.

- I have tried sending an event to an array stored on the prefab but the action throws an error saying that my global event is not used anywhere else (this is false) I hit play to test anyway, in case it was a false positive, but it fails to send the global event to the array and thus the referenced object. I have scoured the forums but to no avail. Do I really need a special action just to set the rigid body settings on a prefab skeleton?

Playmaker has been such a lovely, intuitive system to use so far; some help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

OrionC

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Set Property - no recursive?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 09:21:25 AM »
Am I missing something or is this a limitation of Playmaker?

• Beta Group
    • Flashing Lights
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 09:39:40 AM »
Hello,

about the ragdoll - if there is a recursive option that would be great.

But for now I made manually. It can get messy pretty fast with getting all bones and components, but I divided them into separate states like: get all childs, next state gets rigidbody components, then next - collider components, set property etc.

Once its made I forgot about it and just copy if needed else where.
Thats a really manual way.. :D

OrionC

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 11:22:27 PM »
Thanks for the reply 600.

I was afraid what you describe would be the case; ah well, off to make an FSM with 100+ states just to swap in a ragdoll prefab.  ;)