playMaker

Author Topic: Going from one level to another and back.  (Read 2362 times)

coffeeANDsoda

Going from one level to another and back.
« on: December 30, 2014, 02:45:38 PM »
There isn't really a end to this level I made since it's not a complete. But here's question. Is there a way to set up a scene in playmaker where the player could easily enter another scene and back? Or would the level load action on the second level/scene work just as well?

https://db.tt/R3PwJDsg

wheretheidivides

Re: Going from one level to another and back.
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 03:04:17 PM »
Yes.  You can have a load scene. 

Not sure what exactly you want to do, but lets say you have a guy walking down the street.  That is 1 scene.  If you have him enter a building (scene 2), load that scene.  Use a collision/trigger box so when he touches the door. It loads the next level (the inside of the building).  Then when he does it again, load the street scene.  That way he can walk anywhere but just loading scenes.

coffeeANDsoda

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 03:09:21 PM »
I ask this question because I would like to have a teleportation or zoning mechanic like myst or a standard game where the player zones from one scene to the next.

wheretheidivides

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 11:30:08 AM »
yeah, just have a collision box with a trigger.  Player walks into the box, it triggers a load scene. 

coffeeANDsoda

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 02:55:43 PM »
Would you say the easiest way to do this is make another boxed trigger?

wheretheidivides

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2015, 05:56:47 PM »
I think so.  So you make a collision box.  When the player(tag) enters the box, you can load the next level.  You can also download a bar from the asset store to say 'loading'.  He enters the teleporter and it triggers the next scene load.