playMaker

Author Topic: Rewired (polling) Actions  (Read 37785 times)

Guavaman

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Rewired (polling) Actions
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2015, 04:56:54 PM »
Hi guys, I'm trying to use the Playmaker Actions script 'RewiredGetAxis.cs' but I'm getting this error: Assets/Rewired/RewiredGetAxis.cs(21,13): error CS0029: Cannot implicitly convert type `Rewired.Player' to `Player' .
Can you help me?

You have another class in your project called Player in the default namespace which is overriding the Rewired.Player class and confusing the compiler.

The easiest way to fix this issue would be to put the using Rewired declaration inside the namespace declaration in the PlayMaker actions, however the OP (who made the actions) did not put them in any namespace. The only other way to fix it would be to replace all the references to Player in the script with Rewired.Player.

I just modified the original CS file and put all the classs inside the Rewired.Integration.PlayMaker namespace. Replace the CS file with the one attached here and it should work.

twiggyash

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2015, 10:01:30 AM »
Thanks a lot!!! Now it works flawlessly!
Have a nice day!

strange_aeons

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2015, 10:57:07 PM »
any estimate on when those official rewired actions will be available? and will you be doing up documentation to go with it?

Guavaman

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2015, 03:00:18 AM »
any estimate on when those official rewired actions will be available? and will you be doing up documentation to go with it?

Every time I estimate I am wrong because something else comes up. They're next on the list, but I can't say whether it will be a week or a month or longer.

Rewired is already thoroughly documented. It doesn't need to have another set of docs for PlayMaker.

strange_aeons

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2015, 10:45:52 AM »
i feel kinda stupid now. the documentation you have is great, i was really impressed at how helpful and well made it all was. unfortunately i cant program and realized coding is necessary while going thru the quick start guide you made :( will coding still be required after you've done the official rewired playmaker support?

Guavaman

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2015, 02:01:29 PM »
i feel kinda stupid now. the documentation you have is great, i was really impressed at how helpful and well made it all was. unfortunately i cant program and realized coding is necessary while going thru the quick start guide you made :( will coding still be required after you've done the official rewired playmaker support?

Coding will definitely be required for some things. There are some parts of the API that are just not possible to make in to PlayMaker actions, especially the control remapping stuff. (You can use Control Mapper for this, but making your own custom screen via PlayMaker will not be possible.)

There's nothing in the quick start that you can't do right now with these PM actions in this thread without coding.

strange_aeons

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2015, 08:48:41 PM »
hey thanks Guavaman, i just needed to work out how to make use of the PM actions, but i think ive got it now!

SunburyStudios

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2015, 01:26:52 AM »
Care to shed some light?  I am really at a loss on how to make the play maker actions send events etc.  Rewired looks amazing but I just don't get how to make it work.

Guavaman

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2015, 02:18:54 AM »
Care to shed some light?  I am really at a loss on how to make the play maker actions send events etc.  Rewired looks amazing but I just don't get how to make it work.

Create a variable to fill with the value from the Rewired PM action (GetButton, GetButtonDown, GetAxis, etc). Add the Rewired PM action to the FSM. In the Value field, click the box to the right and choose your variable from the dropdown. Now the variable will be populated by the Rewired polling event. Enter the Action Name for the Rewired Action you want to watch, then click Every Frame to make it update the value each frame. Now you have a variable that contains the button state / axis value. Just use a logic test (bool test for buttons, float for axes) to do something with that value.

Disclaimer: I didn't make these actions and I am by no means a PlayMaker expert so I cannot give you advice on best practices. The only time I've ever used PlayMaker was to make a set of actions for another of my asset store tools.

SunburyStudios

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2015, 07:09:15 PM »
Actually that was fantastic help!  I wrote another reply saying I still couldn't get it.  Then it worked, not sure what I did, thanks a ton.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 07:57:39 PM by SunburyStudios »

Guavaman

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2015, 12:53:40 AM »
Rewired's next release includes PlayMaker actions for a variety of tasks. The announcement and instructions on how to get early access to updates can be found here: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/rewired-advanced-input-for-unity.270693/page-24#post-2316433

The new actions also allow you to directly fire events based on input without having to store the value in a variable first.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 12:57:51 AM by Guavaman »

inyourbus

• Playmaker Newbie
  • In Your Legends
    • In Your Legends
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2015, 01:40:35 AM »
That's great news. Thanks for all the hard work!!
One step at a time..

Guavaman

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2015, 02:53:20 AM »
 :)

Guavaman

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2015, 08:55:01 PM »
Rewired 1.0.0.70 is now live on the Unity Asset Store and includes a PlayMaker integration pack which you can install from the menu.

LogLady

« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2015, 06:54:08 PM »
YAY!!!!!!!!

THANKS A LOT!  :D :D :D