playMaker

Author Topic: Burning Rubber - Alpha v0.1 (Car racing game - with Capture The Flag Mode)  (Read 11658 times)

bizilux

Hello all,

so something like 5 years ago, there was a game called Project Torque... amazing game, but then after a while (i think) developers got into a fight  with publisher or something like that, and there were different versions for EU and USA, and after few years it just all fell apart... but that game was awesome. USA version was closed, EU version was then called Level R, and now its called Heat Online, but it sucks big balls. Its not the game that it was before.

it was free to play, you had 10 tiers of cars, lower tiers were shitty cars and upper tiers were really good ones.
you could upgrade components of cars (suspension, tires, engine, etc..) and also install new body kits, change rims, etc...
you did this with ingame money that you got from winning races or participating in them, and you could ofcourse speed the process and buy virtual money for real money
you had few different racing types, such as: Race, Sprint, Capture the flag, Sumo, Drift... etc

so  i've been wanting to do something like that, but with better game engine and  upgraded graphics.
my game will not be some money grabbing free to play game... or be broken like NFS world for example? where everyone just spams nitro
you will be able to get everything for free, but you will have to put some time into it... same as for example World of Tanks if you heard of it, or War Thunder, or World of Warplanes, or MMOs such as: star wars the old republic...

anyways i've been working a lot for the past week on it... i made 1 model of Nissan GTR in 3DS Max,  its got way too high polycount, 30k, but yeh it was my first model that i made so...
rest of the objects in game were taken from unity asset store or from internet... with proper permissions of course :)

i am using edy's vehicle physics, playmaker, NGUI, and Photon for multiplayer...

i've been currently trying to get multiplayer to work, (photon in specific), but without luck... its really complicated and its just way above my knowledge...

let me know what you guys think of it :)

Link to webplayer demo https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47341033/Test%20webplayer.html

For Alpha v0.1 i was thinking of having
Capture the Flag mode, and Infected mode (1 player starts as infected car, and he needs to ram other players to get them infected, and basically round is over when all players are infected, and you get points based on how long you survive)
and mulitplayer in... 8 players per room... but that is causing me problems right now

MonteCristo

• Playmaker Newbie
Good Stuff!

im working on a racing game too, using Edy's package... i came to this forum cause im thinking about getting PlayMaker... since i know nothing about programming

Keep going man!

-Monte

bizilux

yes it is very doable to do games with playmaker... but we have put this project on pause, because i wanted to do some smaller games first, to get some experience, and also to get some budget for this big title...

right now we are working on 2 mobile racing games.... one is about cars racing on tracks and another one is bus simulator

bus simulator is made entirely by me and should be out in like a month or so... both use edy's physics

MonteCristo

• Playmaker Newbie
Cool!

i would like to pick your brain about things if you have the time :)

cheers

-Monte

bizilux

couldnt say i wasnt expecting that :)

well add me on skype, bizilux is my username, and we can talk

henrygordon

• Playmaker Newbie
I seconded on that @MonteCristo, just hoping that soon that I could view more about the game itself, specially if any feature update.

coffeeANDsoda

Fooled around with the parking lot level. Is there a way to design a cars handing with only playmaker?

clandestine

• ЯKD.ZONE
Fooled around with the parking lot level. Is there a way to design a cars handing with only playmaker?
http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=9023.0

coffeeANDsoda

« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 05:06:53 PM by coffeeANDsoda »

Fahrettin

• Junior Playmaker
  • Noob
First good luck with your game :)
I want to add touch support to edy's physics but i cant make it. Will you work on it ?

rik

Re: Burning Rubber - Alpha v0.1 (Car racing game - with Capture The Flag Mode)
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2015, 11:22:18 AM »
Hi i can make you add touch for the package contact me in pm