playMaker

Author Topic: Animate Float  (Read 2025 times)

wheretheidivides

Animate Float
« on: January 14, 2015, 03:04:28 AM »
I have a tank that is scaled at full size.  I want to start at 0,0,0 and make it bigger.  These are the normal large sizes.
x=0.8676849
y=7809162
z=0.8676846

I can make them start at 0 and get bigger to 1, however these are off numbers.  Using an animation curve, is there a way to go from 0 to one o these numbers easily?
If not, that could be an addition to the animate curve:  Animate from and animate to using a float number.

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
Re: Animate Float
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 07:01:57 AM »
The Animation Curve popup uses Unity's built in stuff so aside from UT updating it wont get changed. A lot of people have the same complain about getting accuracy out of it.

You can hold ctrl to apply your scene snap spacing in the animation graph there so I normally try to set values to those ranges. You should be able to get pretty close to your numbers, it's unlikely that anything past the second decimal is noticable.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

wheretheidivides

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 02:42:30 PM »
UT?  These are the same guys that can't even figure out how to start an object you place in the hierarcy to start at 0,0,0?  LOL.  Unity is a super cool tool, but they lack basic simple things.  So I guess we are stuck with this animation curve.

Here are 2 I found on the asset store.
https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/11429
https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/11835

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 02:51:02 PM »
UT?  These are the same guys that can't even figure out how to start an object you place in the hierarcy to start at 0,0,0?  LOL.

.. ??
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

wheretheidivides

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 04:34:39 PM »
Lane I mean the unity programmers do awesome things, but it's the simple things they miss.  When you create a new object, it does not put it at 0,0,0.  You have to manually zero them out.

I've posted a slew of simple addition on the unity forem and most have not been done.  They seem to want to have grandiose plans but really it's simple things that people use all of the time.  For example:  when using a terrain, why can't you press shift to get it to stay horizontal or vertical?  In photoshop when you raw a line, this is how it says straight but in unity there is no such thing.  You may want to texture something in a straight line.  Why can't they just add a shift option to keep going in the same direction?

BTW:  sense unity 4.5ish everytime I save a scene, the system hangs.  It takes minutes to get out of sometimes.  I posted this and other people have the same issue.  Instead of fixing it, they spend their times on things like adding a new 2d engine.  They do the big stuff, but miss the smaller things.