playMaker

Author Topic: How to keep Playmaker Editor on same FSM while in edit mode and runtime mode?  (Read 4029 times)

coaster

• Playmaker Newbie
I am looking for a way for Playmaker to retain the Playmaker Editor window focused on the FSM I am working on when I am editing the FSM and then want to test via entering unity runtime and as well as exiting back to edit mode.  Currently, when entering runtime, it switches to a "None" object and obviously a blank FSM until I start executing steps in the application.  When that happens, it switches to other FSMs that are not desired to be viewed on the editor as those states are entered.

So really the main, direct question is how do I keep the same FSM in the Playmaker Editor and watch it traverse states throughout that entire process between edit mode and runtime mode?  I have tried using both the Debug->Step Single Frame & Debug->Step to Next State Change in this FSM but they did not stop the Playmaker Editor from switching to different FSMs that I have.  Setting a Breakpoint does not really solve this either nor is it really an acceptable solution for me :).

I have looked around and have not found an answer for this although it may be somewhere out there and perhaps my Google-foo is just weak.  Definitely point me in that direction if I missed it and sorry if this creates a duplicate discussion.  Much appreciated!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 02:38:05 PM by coaster »

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
There was a bug that sounds like this, I think it was fixed in the 1.7.x cycle. Are you using the latest version?
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

coaster

• Playmaker Newbie
I am using v1.7.7.f6.

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
When pressing play, the currently selected FSM should remain selected. If that isn't happening then please file a bug report.
Products by Cleverous

coaster

• Playmaker Newbie
Would it possibly be caused by the fact that the FSM I want to stay on is initially disabled and is enabled later on in the runtime and not at the start???  This just occurred to me because at runtime start it moved to that "None" object with blank FSM as previously mentioned and would possibly make sense that it moved off of that FSM since it is disabled....just throwing something that out there.

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
It's possible, can you test that to confirm?
Products by Cleverous

coaster

• Playmaker Newbie
Tested and it stays on the same FSM the whole time whether disabled or not and I activated it in the middle of runtime so it looks project specific.  Will try to eventually find out what was causing the unintended behavior and post.

coaster

• Playmaker Newbie
The Lock functionality located in the Playmaker Editor window is the officially what I would have been looking for if I did not have an issue with the Playmaker Editor losing the FSM it is on when transitioning to run from edit mode and from run back to edit mode.

What the issue looks like, now that I observe the behavior more, is when I transition to run it loses track of what Game Object and FSM I was on and opens up the "None" object with blank FSM.  So I switch back to where I was and the Playmaker Editor stays on that FSM throughout the whole execution until I exit back to edit mode and reverts back to this "None" object again so I switch back to where I was again.  Trying to figure out the root cause, any ideas?

ManInAShedGames

• Playmaker Newbie
This was never solved? Running into the same issue.