playMaker

Author Topic: Ugui and playmaker not working  (Read 4069 times)

tjq2

• Playmaker Newbie
Ugui and playmaker not working
« on: January 22, 2015, 09:38:59 PM »
Im following along with the tutorial here:
When i add the "playmaker ugui component proxy" to the button i get an error of "UI target is not a valid ui component".

And i can not advance past this stage.

I have unity 4.6.1f1 and playmaker 1.7.7.2 and have imported the playmaker ugui addon.

Now the slider function works just fine and comes up as it should but the button does not.

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
Re: Ugui and playmaker not working
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 10:39:47 PM »
Try Patch 4.6.1p4.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

tjq2

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 08:45:35 AM »
when im inside the unity editor and go to help/check for updates it says there are no updates, where would this new update be at for me to download?

wheretheidivides

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 11:33:34 AM »
Patches are unofficial update from unity.  You have to go to this page.
http://unity3d.com/unity/qa/patch-releases

tjq2

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 07:15:34 PM »
installed the 4.6.1p4 update redid the scene, same results. Anything else i can try? Also i forgot to add/didnt think about it till now, I had an error with ugui and here is the link to the thread about it : http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=9221.msg43988#msg43988

I installed the recommended file update, which updated my ugui component proxy script. Dont know if this is what is effecting my button from function correctly or not. And if it is, if i go back to the old script i will get that error again.

tjq2

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2015, 12:36:54 PM »
Update:

I decided to open a new project and new scene load playmaker and playmaker ui addon to see if i still get the same error for button, It worked and I was able to use the button as intended without the error.

So I went back into my project and reimported playmaker and playmaker ui addon and it still does not work.

Should i delete playmaker and reimport playmaker? If i do this will i lose all of my currect fsms/globals/etc?

Update 2:

I copied my project went into the copy removed playmaker and reimported and still have the same error.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 05:56:30 PM by tjq2 »

tjq2

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2015, 06:12:29 PM »
wow i finally found the problem.

I have the asset FT_ExposionMaster_Vol01

Inside this asset is a script called "button". Once i deleted that the playmaker button for ugui now works.

Will look into what the button script did for FT asset and let them know of the conflict.