playMaker

Author Topic: [SOLVED]Importing scene playmaker slowed it  (Read 4274 times)

WitchTheWicked

• Playmaker Newbie
[SOLVED]Importing scene playmaker slowed it
« on: December 22, 2011, 05:34:37 PM »
So i had imported the scene and ran the NoExit.unity and it changed alot of my Unity varaibles such as Time.scaleTime and I don't know how to revert my settings, I should have made a new project to try out the examples, but now my work for 3 weeks is now messed up! I am very upset and my application worked 100% fine before I ran your examples on my project! :(

When i use smooth look at, i get 0 frames it just jumps the camera. It works 100% on my desktop but on my android i get 0 fps. And when i touch the screen to drop a brick onto the 2d map, it will give me 4 frames while its falling, my game now is ruined!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 07:20:35 PM by WitchTheWicked »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Importing scene and running playmaker ruined game
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 08:18:46 PM »
Was the project using playmaker before you imported the samples?

The samples use some Unity Standard Assets (that ship with Unity). Maybe some of these differed from the versions in your project? Try reimporting Standard Assets. Had you modified any Standard Assets in your project?

If you were using playmaker, the samples define global variables that will overwrite those in your project. If thus happened, you'll have to re-add them. If you haven't re-saved your scenes, playmaker actions should find them again...

If that doesn't help, send me the project and I'll take a look...

artician

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 10:29:42 PM »
Don't panic.  I know very well your feelings, really!  My income depends on my game development, and I've lost like half a year of progress before (though due to Unity, not due to playmaker).

Alex will help you recover.  I don't doubt that.  Aside from his assistance, there is one piece of advice I can give you that will help you and solve all problems like this in the future (no, really).

First: Always assume there are NO guarantees for anything or anyone else who touches your project.  

Second: "Export Project".  Do it every day.  If you don't have enough space on your HDD, then overwrite your oldest ones after a while.  Daily backups.  It's a pain in the fucking ass, but the effort is marginal when you suffer a loss like this.

This is not your fault, BUT, if you follow the above suggestions 1) assume nothing is guaranteed, and 2) backup every day, you will never have such an issue again -or- if you do, it will be because you didn't follow the above two steps.

I really sympathize with you, but you have to figure that we developers have no such thing as "insurance", so we have to create our own to make certain our livelihood is always safe.  Alex is a good help, so trust him.  I wish you the best otherwise!

WitchTheWicked

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 10:48:55 PM »
I dont know how to export project, is it the same as exporting package?

artician

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 11:20:42 PM »
Yes, I meant "export package", sorry about that!  Some help I am.  ;)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 12:59:46 AM »
Backup is your number one priority!. Any kind of backup, it doesn't have to be fancy...

Bye,

Jean

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 11:58:31 PM »
Took a look at your project, and Project Settings -> Time -> Fixed Timestep is set very, very small, so it's being called thousands of times a frame. Setting it back to the default value of 0.02 seems to fix the problem.

Did you set the timestep intentionally? I don't know of any way for Playmaker to set that value, except at runtime with the Scale Time action, but that should revert when you stop the game... maybe it was a Unity bug, or it got set accidentally...

Anyway, let me know if this fix works for you.

WitchTheWicked

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2011, 10:41:16 PM »
Thank you! I did freak out when I any rigidbody wasnt affected by physics and that may be ez gui so ill go fix what you have said. Merry christmas!

artician

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2011, 11:26:31 PM »
Awesome.  Made me happy to read that you found a possible solution.  Will you share your game with the forum when you have it working? 

Either way, have a great christmas too!