playMaker

Author Topic: Axis Event Stop?  (Read 1271 times)

pez

• Playmaker Newbie
Axis Event Stop?
« on: February 04, 2015, 10:40:55 AM »
Hi,

I've been working on a menu system with Playmaker where I move a sprite cursor to different buttons using keyboard arrow keys - & everything is set up & working great.
Just now though I am swapping out the 'Get Key Down' (for moving left, right, up & down) to 'Axis Event' so it will use the Unity input manager to work with an Xbox Joypad.

The problem I'm having now is that the 'Axis Event' doesn't seem to work like the 'Get Button Down' when you reach the next state. E.g on 'Get Button Down' you can still be holding down the button once you've gone to the next state, but it won't react to it there until you press it again, but with the 'Axis Event' it picks up the axis is still in a left or right event and sends it straight on to the next state.

So if I have 3 buttons lined up in a row & move left or right it instantaneously moves past the middle button & finishes to the furthest left or right.

I think I essentially just need a way to cancel any current input on the controller at the beginning of each state? I've tried 'reset input axes' but that didn't seem to do anything.

Thanks for your help!
Pez