PlayMaker Help & Tips > PlayMaker Help

How to Share Playmaker Projects

<< < (6/7) > >>

heavygunner:
Hi !

I wanna share this project on Youtube. Now, before exporting unitypackagae, I have to delete Version folder & Install folder only right?

No need to remove playmaker.dll & playmakereditor.dll right?

Thank you.

heavygunner:

--- Quote from: heavygunner on February 11, 2019, 11:14:52 PM ---Hi !

I wanna share this project on Youtube. Now, before exporting unitypackagae, I have to delete Version folder & Install folder only right?

No need to remove playmaker.dll & playmakereditor.dll right?

Thank you.

--- End quote ---
I did it.
Once Installed Preview version, I deleted Versions folder & Install folder. Then, opened that as new folder. I see preview version only. When I hit Install Playmaker, It said Coulnd't Install or something. it is working :)

Padenlee:
I'm working on sharing a bunch of playmaker projects with my YouTube audience and I'm wanting to do it right. Here is my assumed process from reading this thread, I go to Assets>Export then uncheck:

Playmaker/Editor/Installs
Playmaker/Versions/PlaymakerDefault.unitypackage
Plugins/Playmaker

This will export a playmaker project that will not run on other peoples computers unless they also have Playmaker or Playmaker Preview installed? I want to include PlaymakerPreview.unitypackage so someone can install it and run the project.

Is there a way to send the exported package with the PlaymakerPreview installed so it will work out of the box in anyones project?

If imported into an existing project it will not overwrite anything existing FSM's right?

Thanks again for any assistance awesome PM community!

jeanfabre:
Hi,

no you need to do this slightly differently.

- delete the playmakerEditor.dll ( else importing preview fails for some reasons)
 - import the playmaker preview package

- uncheck the install  folder during export
 - uncheck the version folder during export

then that should be ok. you can run it by me, send me a package, and I'll double check it's all good.

Bye,

Jean

OnyxCauseway:
We're a two-person team who's been using PlayMaker in our project until now with two licenses. However, we're adding some additional collaborators to our project who will not be using PlayMaker, but need to be able to use Play Mode and have all of our scripts still compile.

We have a private repository and we want to allow our new collaborators access to this repository without sharing the various PlayMaker files that they shouldn't have access to because they don't have a license. We've set up our ignore file in accordance with some other posts we found (mostly this one: https://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=18518.0) and attempted to import the preview package, but that doesn't seem to result in anything being picked up by our version control system and our collaborators end up with a bunch of scripts that won't compile (referencing various PlayMaker things) and unable to play the game.

Do you have any additional guidance for how to work in a private repository where only the members actively using PlayMaker tooling will have licenses and therefore access to edit PlayMaker things, whereas others without a license could still work in the project without access to license-required PlayMaker files?

Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version