playMaker

Author Topic: Endless Road Example Help - Scrolling road  (Read 1224 times)

pilotjoe

• Playmaker Newbie
Endless Road Example Help - Scrolling road
« on: February 16, 2015, 07:27:13 PM »
I have quick question about the EndLessRoad sample project in playmaker.  I'm new to playmaker and have been toying with this example for a while but for some reason this change doesn't seem to work and I'm not sure why.

In the EndLessRoad example the entire Rig (camera, light, triggers, etc) all move as the road below is spawned and destroyed to give the illusion that it is an endless road.

What I was trying to do seems so simple.  I do NOT want to the rig move, but simply have the road move instead, spawning and destroying when out of view of the main camera. 

I've create an empty game object to hold all of the roads.  I've then tried creating new FSMs applied to the new Road gameObject, essentially copied the FSMs that are applied to the EndLessRoad gameObject and applied to the roads.  I've turned off the FSMs on the EndLessRoad gameObject and only have the FSM's turned on the Road gameObject. But the spawning and destroying doesn't occur.  The rig is stationary and the road moves as it should.  Confusing. 

the triggers are still in place but the road is not destroyed and it collides with the trigger.

I hope this makes sense.  I've attached a screenshot of my editor.  any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Joe