playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker losing variables  (Read 1804 times)

wheretheidivides

Playmaker losing variables
« on: February 17, 2015, 09:31:08 PM »
So I have a 'GO-Tank-cam-body' that I have been using for a tank.  So some reason it just disappears.  If I re-create the variable it then says it is a duplicate.  of course every state that uses the variable now gives errors and I have to reset them all back up.  It actually lost a second variable as well 'GO-Tank'.

Is this a know bug or something new?  If it is, is there a workaround?

It seemed to start when I had a game object (tank) with a prefab.  I duplicated the object in the hierarcy (now a plane).  When I realized I was changing the prefab of both (tank and plane), I created a new prefab with the new hierarcy game object (I dragged the plane from the hierarchy to the project folder).  So now I have 2 prefabs and 2 game objects.

What's weirder is that when it disappears, it replaces them with planes.  So 'GO-Tank' references are now 'GO-Plane'.  Weird.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 09:36:47 PM by wheretheidivides »

wheretheidivides

Re: Playmaker losing variables
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 10:32:40 PM »
I deleted the prefabs and it seems OK now.  Will update this if I have more issues. 

This is NOT user error.  Playmaker was incorrectly linked somehow to the prefabs.  Now I did edit thought the prefabs in the project folder.  Maybe this will help you find the bug.