playMaker

Author Topic: UGui Scrollbar[SOLVED]  (Read 2962 times)

Saputo

UGui Scrollbar[SOLVED]
« on: February 21, 2015, 12:45:24 PM »
Hello,

Does anyone know if there are any Tut videos of how to setup a working scroll Bar, with Text and Images inside the scroll able area?

Kinda like a buying and Selling Menu, then you just scroll to the item you are buying and or selling and add more then scroll to another and sell or buy etc.

I just need to know how to setup the Scrollbar system?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 01:13:41 PM by Saputo »

invayne

Re: UGui Scrollbar
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 11:32:15 AM »
make a panel size it how you want then make another panel as a child of that one  makes this one bigger than the parent. on the parent panel add a mask component found in the ui section of components you can also add a scroll rect component as well. now back to the child panel here you can add w/e ui elements to it as you want images ect  just place them how you want. because this panel is masked by the parent panel you dont need to worry about them showing out side the child panel. on the scroll rect on the parent panel  add you child panel to it. then under yoru canvas add your scroll bar and position it how ever you want. then on the panel scroll rect add the scroll bar to either vertical or horizontal section depending how you have your scroll bar set up and thats pretty much the basics.

Saputo

Re: UGui Scrollbar[SOLVED]
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 01:13:16 PM »
Thank you, I was watching the UI Tut's and he does it a slightly different way, which was not working for me unless I had a see through Image, so thank you this worked great!  ;D

invayne

Re: UGui Scrollbar[SOLVED]
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 01:45:10 PM »
nps glad to help