playMaker

Author Topic: Object Fall Through Floor [SOLVED]  (Read 1888 times)

coxy17

• Beta Group
Object Fall Through Floor [SOLVED]
« on: February 08, 2015, 02:21:37 PM »
Hi, I have a character which jumps forward to land on another platform. All works ok with the platform being 1x1x1 (square) but now ive made i into a thin plaform. (1x 0.1 x1) and the player falls through only when falling (jumping at an angle) and when walking over it, its fine? so it seems like it is the force of the player falling not being detected? is this a common issue?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 06:44:17 AM by coxy17 »

richardh

• Junior Playmaker
Re: Object Fall Through Floor
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 04:53:04 PM »
I think that it works if the player is simply walking but when there is a bit of down force (like a jump up/down) then yes I would say it's simply a matter of the collider being too thin. If you need the platform to be those dimensions why not just add an unrendered mesh collider that is thick enough to support the jumps?

coffeeANDsoda

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 04:58:29 PM »
I've have the same problem with floors when I set up rigidbodies for objects in the kinematic department. Even if the floor not only has one but also weighs more than the object itself when I use check off it's Y axis constraint for position. Does it a lot less when I check off both y and z.

coxy17

• Beta Group
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 03:34:51 AM »
Hi Richardh, ill give that a try.

CoffeeANDSoda, ill take a look and see if mine behaves the same.

coxy17

• Beta Group
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 06:44:02 AM »
Thanks Richardh, i used an unrendered mesh collider and it works fine now. was a bit tricky but took a while to get this to work with my game.