playMaker

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Mesh stays invisible after a Blink action  (Read 2198 times)

intrikit

• Defiant Child
[SOLVED] Mesh stays invisible after a Blink action
« on: March 03, 2015, 01:40:14 PM »
Hello,

I've been working on an indicator to show the player that a power up is about to expire.

There is an FSM that enables a power up for 30 seconds and in that same FSM, there are actions to enable/disable a separate FSM that tells the character mesh to wait 27 seconds before a Blink state (which means the character blinks when there are 3 seconds left of the power up).

It all works, except SOMETIMES, after the Blink action, the character mesh stays invisible even though the FSM is disabled once the power up ends.

Here is how the Blink FSM looks:

« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 02:23:29 AM by intrikit »

4ppleseed

Re: Mesh stays invisible after a Blink action
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 04:41:59 PM »
It's blinking on and off and sometimes it's ending in the off state. After your blink is done, have an action to activate the Mesh Renderer. That way it'll always be on after the blink.

intrikit

• Defiant Child
Re: Mesh stays invisible after a Blink action
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 05:37:30 PM »
Thanks for your response!

I can't specifically reference the Mesh Renderer in an action, can I? Would I have to store it in a variable first before it can be input in an action?

Also, how do I tell the Blinking state to transition into another state to activate the Mesh Renderer? Will a Wait action beneath it do the job?

intrikit

• Defiant Child
Re: [SOLVED] Mesh stays invisible after a Blink action
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 02:24:20 AM »
Solved. Used a Wait action beneath the Blink and then transitioned to a state with a Set Visibility for the mesh!

4ppleseed

Re: [SOLVED] Mesh stays invisible after a Blink action
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 06:43:17 AM »
Solved. Used a Wait action beneath the Blink and then transitioned to a state with a Set Visibility for the mesh!

8)