playMaker

Author Topic: Unity 5 and no saving  (Read 5153 times)

wheretheidivides

Unity 5 and no saving
« on: March 05, 2015, 02:13:00 PM »
I am not sure if this is unity 5 or playmaker bug.....When I modify something in playmaker, unity 5 does not see that it's been changed.  There is no asterick * in the name and if I change scenes, it does not save the scene.  I have to MANUALLY save the scene before changing scenes.

Now if I do something that is NOT playmaker related like renaming a game object, the asterick shows up and asks me when changing scenes if I want to save.

Now this is a BIG bug!

wheretheidivides

Re: Unity 5 and no saving
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 03:39:27 PM »
Example:  I use playmaker, go to a state, go to action of changing master audio playlist' variable.  The asterick does not show up.  if I change scenes it will not save the current scene.

You can see on the pics that I changed stuff on the state but no asterick.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 06:56:19 AM »
Hi,

it works here, I have added a state and it did not allowed me to exit that scene without the warning dialog to save it.

however, there is no more asterix period. even if I change something outside PM, I don't get any asterix.

can you do a screenshot of where the asterix is normally? Maybe I am not looking at the right place.

Bye,

Jean

wheretheidivides

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 12:37:44 AM »
Now here I just deactivated the checkmark for fade.  The asyerick pops up indicating it needs to be saved.  So the master audio ones do not do this.  I am not sure when and where this bug happens but you can see the * in the pic.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 04:22:49 AM »
Hi,

ok, I don't get this. Can other people confirm or not this behavior? that would help knowing where this problem comes from.

Bye,

Jean

Alatriste

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2016, 04:40:15 PM »
I don't know if this was solved but I find myself stuck this last weeks with values and variables not getting saved in different states. When I play the scene everything seems to be fine, but if I load another scene and I come back, the changes I did are gone. It's also a bit difficult to reproduce because it doesn't happen all the time.

In the video attached, I changed the volume value of "Play Music" for 0.5. I saved the scene, load a different scene, and come back again. The value is back to the original 0.7

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97004497/Saving%20Issue%20Playmaker.mp4
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 04:55:03 PM by Alatriste »

Alatriste

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2016, 04:59:54 PM »
I love to post here my bugs. 5 minutes after I get the solution!  :P

I managed to overpass this annoying bug enabling and disabling the GameObject. That way the values get saved.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2016, 06:07:40 PM »
Are you using Playmaker 1.8.0? If you're using Unity 5.3+ you should use 1.8 since it fixes compatibility with the new multi-scene editing (and other changes) in 5.3.

Alatriste

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2016, 02:00:03 PM »
No, I'm using 1.7.8 with Unity 5.3
I'll give a try! Thanks!!

Alatriste

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2016, 03:16:48 AM »
Where I can get the 1.8 version? In the AssetStore I still can see the 1.7.8

wheretheidivides

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2016, 01:13:43 AM »
download from asset store, click on the main screen.  It will ask if you wanna install the beta or the main.  Install the beta.  It's something like 1.8 RC 45 by now.

Alatriste

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2016, 08:07:35 AM »
I'll do that! Thanks!