playMaker

Author Topic: Frozen Camera Rotation Issue  (Read 1709 times)

DonutWizard

• Playmaker Newbie
Frozen Camera Rotation Issue
« on: March 14, 2015, 01:08:20 AM »
I have an annoying problem happening with my camera attached to my player in unity. what is supposed to happen is when a signal is sent from one FSM to the FSM that controls the camera, the camera is supposed to rotate. I did figure out why, but I can't find a solution for how to fix it. I have built a custom first person character controller with playmaker. The action that is preventing the rotation is the "Mouse Look" set in the y axis.

For some reason this problem only shows up in the more recent version of my map. The earlier version is set up the same, but doesn't have the problem. MY last resort would be to go back and start from the earlier scene, but that would be a huge time deficit.

This has been aggravating me for days. Any and all help would be most appreciated.

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 03:02:38 AM by DonutWizard »

DonutWizard

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Frozen Camera Rotation Issue
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 03:36:26 AM »
This seems to happen to me every time I post to a forum with a problem; I end up figuring out a solution shortly after. What I did was create a new camera and make it a child of the original. The second camera was pre-rotated. All I had to do was introduce a "cut to camera" action, and poof, problem solved. The second camera may be active, but it's parent (the first camera) has the motion control preventing the bug from being an issue.

wheretheidivides

Re: Frozen Camera Rotation Issue
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 12:07:10 PM »
"This seems to happen to me every time I post to a forum with a problem; I end up figuring out a solution shortly after"

The same thing happens to me. 

BTW:  change the title to [solved].