playMaker

Author Topic: Animation curve templates  (Read 5972 times)

m1

• Playmaker Newbie
Animation curve templates
« on: October 07, 2011, 12:20:01 PM »
Unless I missed something, it would be great to save the animation curves.  I've built some nice ones, but have to keep rebuilding them.  There are some nice features of the animation curve editor, but I can't find any instructions of how to use them, other than trial and error.  Took me forever to figure out how to loop a curve.

I'd like to be able to save and export curves for later use, like the templates.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Animation curve templates
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 07:18:23 PM »
I agree. The Unity curve editor is powerful, but poorly documented. BTW, when poking around, did you find a way to enter curve values numerically?

I'll look into a way to save/load animation curves.

I also heard the next iTween is going to make more use of animation curves...

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 12:49:25 AM »
Hehh i just went looking for a way to enter key values numerically...... That would be awesome!

Q

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 11:36:35 AM »
Why has no one made a better curve editor i wonder? Would it not just be an editor extension that is kind of like the animation editor? I say that like i could make one my self.. ;D

It would be super handy.. I currently just use dummy objects and animate their position values or something and then use those values as animated variables etc... works good but just not really slick.

Q

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 12:06:53 AM »
Maybe we'll see some improvements in 3.5... The new particle system is supposed to be heavily curve driven...

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 03:09:51 PM »
Yes that would be great.. i have been hearing about 3.5 for quite a while anyone know a tentative arrival date?

Just starting a new project trying to figure out how i am going to attack a few things.

Q

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, 01:13:52 PM »
Hey So now that the 3.5 beta is out in full force are there any changes to the animation editor?

Just wondering. I dont have time to play with it but i was just about to do some animation stuff and the thought popped into my head.

Q