playMaker

Author Topic: UFPS Set Weapon by name  (Read 3012 times)

markfrancombe

UFPS Set Weapon by name
« on: April 02, 2015, 09:38:56 PM »
The UFPS action "UFPS Set Weapon by name" does what it says it does... I can equip a weapon, and change weapons.
But what of UN-equip?

I need an action for the equivalent of the TAB keystroke, to remove the weapon from the hand and get back to holding nothing

How?

Mark
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 03:08:33 AM by markfrancombe »

invayne

Re: UFPS Set Weapon by name
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 08:32:10 AM »
those actions are really out of date an i would suggest not using them since ufps made alot of changes

markfrancombe

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 09:36:47 AM »
OH? I didn't know that!
however they worked totally fine for me last night, the only thing was that I was missing an important action, as in equipping weapons.

Actually I was rather pleased last night. I have both UFPS and AdventureCreator powering my game, and although they are both the best assets for their genres, they don't really mix, so T managed to get some integration with PlayMaker as the pipeline in between.

(now however I´ve done something and my game is broke.. *sigh*)

Redhawk

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 01:24:10 PM »
Hey.  If you hit Backspace the weapon will "clear" or be put away.  So this in effect is un-equpping it.  Look at your UFPS Input Manager.  You can change this to any input.  Then if you Hit Q, you will equip the previous weapon which is the one you just put away.

markfrancombe

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 03:31:43 PM »
Ahh.. well as of now I can get rid of weapons by hitting TAB, but i dont want to use keystrokes to equip.
So I have an inventory menu, and when you click the gun, he points his gun, and I WANT to be able to do the opposite, click the gun and he puts his gun away. Yes I know its a funny way to do a FPS, but the vast majority of my game is about inventory items and so I just need an action to REMOVE all UFPS weapons...
I took a peek at the action code, but Im afraid Im not clever enough to change it.. might have a bash tho..
M