playMaker

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Can't get character controller to work on XY for top down shmup  (Read 1788 times)

Tedthebug

• Playmaker Newbie
Hi,
Noob question here but for the life of me I can't see the (probably obvious) problem.  I'm trying to make a simple top down shmup using unity 5 & playmaker.  & followed the various tutorials I've found but even tho I can see Move vector on the Controller Simple Move & the Store Vector on the Get Axis Vector change the character is stationary in the scene.
The player has a Character Controller on it & is a texture pasted onto a quad.  I have tried it with & without a rigid body but there is no difference in how it acts.  In inputs I have set Vertical to be the Y-axis & in preferences for physics I turned gravity off.
I have attached a screenshot, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 04:25:52 AM by Tedthebug »

Tedthebug

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Can't get character controller to work on XY for top down shmup
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 04:25:14 AM »
Don't worry, I gave up on character controller & just used Get Axis Vector, Set velocity & Vector3 Clamp Magnitude.  I removed the character controller from the prefab & just used the rigid body instead.

Digitom

• Junior Playmaker
make sure you use a Normalize Vector3 action or your controller will move faster on diagonals.