playMaker

Author Topic: All global variables gone after update  (Read 5596 times)

MABManZ

• 1.2 Beta
    • MABManZ.com
All global variables gone after update
« on: February 17, 2012, 11:08:05 PM »
Was previously using Playmaker 1.3 RC3, updated to the 1.3 final release from the Asset store.

From there, the whole project crashed and I couldn't run the scene. Tried reverting the package but to 1.3 RC3 with no luck, the Playmaker menu would not show up in the editor and no fsm's would load.

Eventually I deleted the whole playmaker folder from my project and re-imported from the asset store again. The project will open and run now, but all of my Global Variables have vanished and nothing is working right.

I have everything backed up...is there a file I may have deleted that stored the global variables data?

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: All global variables gone after update
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 11:54:28 PM »
Global events and variables are stored in PlayMaker/Resources/PlayMakerGlobals.asset

When you updated to the final release, did you import all files in the unitypackage?

If PlayMakerFSM.dll and PlayMakerEditor.dll are ever different versions, that would cause problems.

Next time try replacing just these dlls with the most recent version (instead of deleting the whole Playmaker folder). You'll probably need to restart Unity (and sometimes Unity crashes when swapping dlls).

Unfortunately unitypackages are not the ideal way to distribute software updates. An installer would give more control...

MABManZ

• 1.2 Beta
    • MABManZ.com
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 01:17:45 AM »
Thanks, I found the PlaymakerGlobals.asset :)

However I'm still having problem updating to 1.3 Final, I don't even see PlayMakerFSM.dll in the import list...using RC4 in the meantime

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 12:43:01 PM »
Were you able to upgrade to 1.3.3?

FritsLyn

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 03:35:07 PM »
As I just submitted in various bug reports, when downloading the demo content from
http://www.hutonggames.com/tutorials_ios_fundamentals.php
it does not work, Global Variables and Layers are not imported.
That's what it is, but when making an Asset Package with everything working, and importing this into another project, all is lost again.

I submit this in the public forum now, because I can see a lot of people are struggling with this, just to let everyone know it's a bug (apparently), and it has been submitted.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 04:41:19 PM »
I think the ios fundamentals sample is a different issue. That unitypackage is missing the PlayMakerGlobals.asset that stores globals. I've contacted Christopher Orth (the original author) to see if he can re-export the unitypackage.

If you include the PlayMakerGlobals.asset in the exported unitypackage it should work fine. NOTE: if you don't want to merge the globals into another project (instead of replacing them) you have to use the Playmaker Export/Import Globals tools.

FritsLyn

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 10:22:50 AM »
Oh, sorry for not seeing that.

It is in the documentation, I wonder how we could make sure people see this?

Hmm.. For future reference and Google cache, here is the link:

https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/?W1082

MS80

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2014, 07:03:10 PM »
I know it's a old one, but is there any chance to get the " ios fundamentals sample" package with existing/working globals?? These are good tutorials, sadly most of them does not work correctly!? (not a big deal to fill in all variables, better if it works out of the box)

PS: maybe rename the package to "mobile fundamentals", as it works just fine on android, too  ;)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 07:08:54 PM by MS80 »