playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker causing Unity to crash  (Read 1736 times)

Lostcity

• Playmaker Newbie
Playmaker causing Unity to crash
« on: September 21, 2015, 01:06:31 AM »
I'm using the current version of Playmaker as well as the newest patch of Unity (Unity 5.2 Patch 1) on a Mac with OSX 10.11. My project is fairly new (only about a week old as I'm typing this).

I've been having an issue where Unity becomes unstable whenever the Playmaker editor window is open. When editing an FSM, Unity will randomly crash without warning. These crashes usually occur when adding new actions or editing an existing action. The timing of the crashes is also very random. Sometimes I can use Playmaker for up to an hour without issue while other times, I can barely get through 5 minutes. When the Playmaker editor is not open, Unity runs very stable.

I've been using Playmaker for over a year now and I have developed 3 games with it without experiencing any issues like this. The only thing I can think of is that this may be an issue within Unity 5 that is causing interference. 

Any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated. As you can probably imagine, this issue is quite annoying and it is making development very difficult. 
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 01:09:11 AM by Lostcity »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Playmaker causing Unity to crash
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 01:45:52 AM »
Patch releases can be unstable. Are there features/bug fixes you need in the patch? If not it might be worth trying the official 5.2 release to see if that fixes the problem...

You can also PM me for beta group access to see if the next update helps.