playMaker

Author Topic: Loading level Get Mouse Button Down  (Read 3151 times)

Molla

• Playmaker Newbie
Loading level Get Mouse Button Down
« on: October 14, 2015, 10:04:54 PM »
Alright so I'm a bit confused. I'm trying to load a level utilizing a gui text/button however it appears that every-time I press the right button on my mouse it doesn't matter where I click as long as I click right it'll load the level.

I'm trying to make it specific for that button so I can use other buttons to do something else in the scene. However for some reason even when I add for example object appear, the object will also appear wherever I click in the scene.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 10:06:29 PM by Molla »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Loading level Get Mouse Button Down
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 12:57:11 AM »
Hi,
you need to use mouse pick or mouse pick 2d for this

Molla

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 07:36:44 AM »
Can you give me a step-by-step guide? Because I don't understand where I have to place the mouse pick and what goes afterward.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 02:06:30 PM »
Hi,
Sorry i answered without thinking.

Check this tutorial out.

meghapants

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2015, 05:08:55 PM »
Hi,

I'm trying to do something very similar. I built a bunch of canvases before I purchased and installed Playmaker. Is there a way for me to use a pre-existing GUI button, rather than creating one on run-time through Playmaker visual scripting? With Get Button Down/Get Mouse Button Down it doesn't matter where I click on screen, but I would like the player to click the "Play" button to load the level.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 06:06:03 PM »
Hi,
yes you can use pre existing ugui buttons.

you need to get the uGui package on the EcoSystem

and then you can check this tutorial out :

But instead of creating a button use your premade buttons.

meghapants

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2015, 08:48:09 PM »
Thank you very much for the help! That pointed me in the right direction.

I have run into another problem. My menu system seems to only flow through one way, and can't back track to the home menu. I'm not sure where the issue is in my Playmaker logic.

From my home screen I can enter the store, but from the store I can not use the home button to return back to home. I have tried using Activate/Deactivate Game Object in the On Click event, as well as tried Create/Destroy Game Object. The store menu clearly activates upon the store button click (the button text turned on, which normally I have been keeping off). But none of the buttons remain clickable, and it just remains in the start state forever.

Worst case scenario, I know I can just make my menus through the existing Playmaker GUI options (without the Ecosystem) but I am hoping to find a way to solve this problem using the uGUI Ecosystem pack.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2015, 03:23:34 AM »
Hi,
Can you show some pictures of your fsm's or even better make a vid that shows the fsm's and the problem