playMaker

Author Topic: Playermaker Giving an Error on First Use; "isGrounded error CS0266" [SOLVED]  (Read 1793 times)

Raknill

• Playmaker Newbie
Just purchased Playmaker and installed it, and I'm getting an error that prevents me from adding the FSM component to my character.

The error is; "Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/ControllerIsGrounded.cs(74,37): error CS0266: Cannot implicitly convert type `object' to `bool'. An explicit conversion exists (are you missing a cast?)"

I haven't yet actually done anything with the system, simply imported into my project which contains my custom character, an AI guard, a camera, light and floor.

I know the issue is vague, but I'm hesitant to make any changes to the default script as I fear messing up the dependencies.

Any help is appreciated. I am using Unity 5.3. Included is a pic of my scene, and of the line in question.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 02:47:08 PM by Alex Chouls »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Hi,

Does your project define a new CharacterController class in the global namespace?

If possible you should put it in a namespace to avoid conflicting with UnityEngine.CharacterController.

Or you could edit ControllerIsGrounded.cs and replace CharacterController with UnityEngine.CharacterController. But that change would get overwritten when you update Playmaker.

Raknill

• Playmaker Newbie
I've learned a valuable lesson here, bud. That was the issue.

Can we delete this thread and pretend it never happened?  :P

Thanks for the help, looking forward to getting started with PM this afternoon.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
No problem :)