playMaker

Author Topic: Easy Mobs fsm kit free to use as you like and maybe learn from!  (Read 9762 times)

Grendal

• Playmaker Newbie
EasyMobs download:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApREGYJdm9zRgQGHSJ5yGcqsqEDk

PDF Setup Manual (also inside package itself):
https://1drv.ms/b/s!ApREGYJdm9zRgQDQ9P1d9jQupBpl

I have decided that I have no desire to take my Easy Mobs fsm kit any further.
As it stands its as feature complete as I wanted it to be and works well.

I have not brought it up to the latest versions, but I have imported it in the current Unity build and experienced no problems.

What is it?

Easy Mobs is 2 simply complex fsms that allow you to pretty much drop in basic AI to mobs. It comes with a detailed .pdf manual (and 2 youtube videos) explaining how to use it and is VERY commented internally.

Overview and Use tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f1j6UEG-2c

Tutorial on setup your imported model:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4FbKSq-kjA

The mobs can be set to do any of the following in what is called an "idle loop". Play idles anim, special idle adds (like scratch, yawn, etc), turn random dir, walk/run/special move for whatever distance, get bored and seek out behavior nodes to interact with (eat bodies, play long anims like dance ect., loot chests.. etc) all the while reacting to player based on its combat state... run away, challenge then attack if player stays, and of course engage immediately.

You can also integrate tasks into the loop to make mobs that will perform certain tasks for specified periods before idling if wanted; included are patrol 4 points (easily extended), mine a node till 10 resource then drop off at storage node, and plant tree/mines randomly while wandering.

The mob will take damage when attacked utilizing the Combat fsm which allows for tons of damage variations including damage-over-time.

I enjoyed working on this and hope someone gets some use out of it! It should be very easily extendable with minimal skill once you see what it is doing in the loop.

Please comment here if you find it useful and feel free to give me credit if you use it commercially (but not required). If goes without saying not to commercialize it into a Playmaker kit using my work... I will know.

If you have problems you can ask here but I do not plan to spent a lot of time supporting this project.

Thanks!
Chris Infinger
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 07:38:33 PM by Grendal »

OScarborough98

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Easy Mobs fsm kit free to use as you like and maybe learn from!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 04:30:05 PM »
I'm suprised it's so quiet in this topic, I love your tutorial! Thank you.
If you love inner design, check out salon meblowy poznań!

MS2012

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 12:06:09 PM »
EasyMobs is insanely useful, thanks!
If you are interested in kitchen revolutions, check out eu.mini-chefs.eu!

EdwardMurphy1991

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2016, 12:06:04 PM »
Idle loop is really underestimated, but I really love this function. Great tutorial!
transport medyczny Rzeszów may save your life, trust me!

Grendal

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 09:20:19 PM »
Thanks guys! Glad someone has seen its value, even if just as a learning tool. :)

Grendal

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2017, 09:24:34 PM »
I have moved the download links from Dropbox to One-drive due to recent Dropbox changes. 

HeathClose

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2017, 08:25:06 AM »
I have moved the download links from Dropbox to One-drive due to recent Dropbox changes.

I have links out there for dropbox... what changes? 

Grendal

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2017, 12:09:58 PM »
Your public folder links will show a Dropbox 404 error if clicked on. Supposedly you can regenerate new links inside the folder and replace your old ones but I wasn't able to get it to work so I just went with my One drive.