playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker variables in Prefabs not updating  (Read 1638 times)

mn6000

• Playmaker Newbie
Playmaker variables in Prefabs not updating
« on: July 08, 2016, 10:29:36 PM »
I'm having an issue with Playmaker variables in prefabs not updating in my scene.

I have instanceA in a scene which points to PrefabA in my project.

An update to PrefabA comes in from source control.

I reload my scene and expect to see the updates from PrefabA in my InstanceA in my scene. I DO NOT see the updates even though PrefabA was modified.

InstanceA does not say "modified" or give me the option to revert to prefab.

If I drag PrefabA into my scene and create InstanceB, I DO see the updates.

In this case a variable called "checkLoadFile" has been added to the prefab.

Even though both instances point to the same prefab the variable only appears when I manually drag it into the scene.

Is this the correct behavior for prefabs and scene obects with Unity and playmaker?

I expect Instances and Prefabs to work similar to referencing in Maya. IntanceA would show all scene edits to the instance "on top of" what it's referencing from the PrefabA.

I've been wrestling with this for a few days now and I'm not sure of the answer.

Thank you!

« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 10:34:45 PM by mn6000 »

ermak

• Junior Playmaker
    • AL Games
Re: Playmaker variables in Prefabs not updating
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 04:42:56 AM »
If you try "Revert" on whole GameObject (Not FSM Revert to Prefab) again not working and not updating?

If you add new variable to "Prefab", that variable must be automatically added to your "instance" of this prefab on the scene. This is by default. But sometimes modifications of the "instance" can broke some connections.

mn6000

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Playmaker variables in Prefabs not updating
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 12:04:59 AM »
Thanks for the reply.

I would expect the variable to always show up OR have a visible "Prefab is Broken - Revert" option.

I'm still trying to solve this.