playMaker

Author Topic: Is Trigger and Collision[SOLVED]  (Read 1718 times)

Yarnib

• Playmaker Newbie
Is Trigger and Collision[SOLVED]
« on: July 21, 2016, 03:09:21 PM »
Hello All

So I followed the tutorial in the link below to create a score system for Basketball game. Everything went good and all the functions are working .

The problem Im having is when the ball collides with the sphere collider I have in the hoop it gets stuck in the hoop but a POINT  is registered .

If I check Is trigger on the the sphere collider the ball passes through the way it needs to but a point does not register. Its as if the sphere collider is not being seen when Is trigger is checked.

Thanks for any help
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 03:42:07 AM by jeanfabre »

Zeldag

Re: Is Trigger and Collision
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 04:34:21 PM »
Hi and welcome to the forum!

It is hard to figure out without knowing more about your setup. (I know you gave a tutorial link, but without knowing the tutorial already, it is time consuming to search for the right screens (also there is the possibility that you made a mistake while following the tutorial:) ))

But I can try to help by making a guess as to a couple of issues it may be:

1- If you are using the 'collision event' action, then switch to the 'trigger event' action when you make the collider a trigger.

2- If that is not it (like if you're already using the correct action), try adding a rigidbody to both game objects involved in the collision (if they both have not got them already).

Good luck with it and I hope this helps!

Yarnib

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Is Trigger and Collision
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 04:58:20 PM »
Hello Zeldag

Changing it to trigger event fixed the problem .

Thanks for the help