playMaker

Author Topic: How can i make upgradable rooms  (Read 1998 times)

inte17

• Playmaker Newbie
How can i make upgradable rooms
« on: August 13, 2016, 02:59:16 PM »
Hi,
How can i create dynamic upgradable rooms? I want to add additional rooms or upgrade current rooms by clicking the in-game button(No idea how to code). Thanks.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: How can i make upgradable rooms
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 04:47:03 PM »
Hi,
Can you give some more information?
(no idea what you are talking about)
 :)

inte17

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 06:27:37 PM »
Thanks for respond :) I have two rooms that are the same but one of them has more objects in it. I want to switch them without changing scene. Is it possible to do it?

Zeldag

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2016, 08:19:38 PM »
Hi,

Really a bit more info and maybe a screenshot would help. Like what are rooms?

But as a guess I would say rooms are also often known as levels (that is the direct translation in a few languages ive noticed)? So:

If you have a player object that you want to move  to a new location in the same scene, you simply use 'set position' (as a way of changing rooms/levels without loading a scene) .

So create your two levels in the same scene, then make sure they are not visible from each other. Then when yoyr player completes a level, do the gui stuff that you do and 'set position' of the player to the 2nd level.

This is based on me guessing a lot, as I said I dont really understand the issue fully, so it may not help but good luck with it and try to provide a little bit morw info (also screenshots help break down language barriers ;) ) if it does not help.

PS: Ive just noticed you mention that you "have no idea how to code". Do you have the playmaker asset? If you do then you do not need to code any gameplay element.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 08:28:22 PM by Zeldag »

inte17

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2016, 04:27:53 AM »
Hi again and thanks :) I have the asset but it just seemed to me i need coding skills at some point.

I don't know how can i explain it with more detail. The example i gave you is a ship. (Prefabs will be able to move together soon). I want from players to able to add more rooms(or more objects to room) when they have enough coins. The solution you gave is really good for a single player game. But when there are more people it will be harder to apply this for everyone.
I really appreciate for the help.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2016, 10:47:59 AM »
Hi,
For multi player you can use photon.

But you should 1st be comfortable with playmaker.
you can find some beginners tutorials here
and you can find more user made tutorials here
you can also search in youtube for "playmaker tutorials"