playMaker

Author Topic: Saving Mobile Data?  (Read 3423 times)

HeathClose

Saving Mobile Data?
« on: January 20, 2017, 10:57:46 AM »
So I'm not sure if I'm posting to the right forums here but I have a few questions about saving data on mobile...

If I want to save something like the amount of coins the player had the last time they closed the app... I can just use playerprefs?  This will persist and save user data to the device?

Since researching this I have seen people talk about easysave2 (which i have but have never used it)... but that uses encryption (but it looks like there's a way to not use encryption with it) ...

Apparently when you upload to the appstore... apple wants to know if you use encryption... is this a big deal to use it?  Is it commonplace to use encryption for mobile?  Is it needed?

My main thing is I want to save coin amount... I don't know if encryption is a big deal or needed... I'm not sure of the best options.... I don't even know if I'm asking the right questions...

Any help or direction or pointing me at some answers is really appreciated... thanks in advance for spending the calories on me...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 11:08:10 AM by HeathClose »

HeathClose

Re: Saving Mobile Data?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 02:01:19 PM »
If anyone has any guidance that would be great as I am quickly coming up on my deadline in just a few days...

HeathClose

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 02:03:52 PM »
I also need to save unlocked characters as well... no real money... all in game currency... but I was wondering about saving that data as well..

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 04:01:12 PM »
Hi,
playerprefs is very easy to hack.
So i would go for easy safe.

For the encryption i think they mean a different kind of encryption but it is best to contact easy safe to be sure.

I use it on my android games and web games.

playerprefs is good to save preferences like key bindings / music on/off and things like that..

HeathClose

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 03:34:32 PM »
Hi,
playerprefs is very easy to hack.
So i would go for easy safe.

For the encryption i think they mean a different kind of encryption but it is best to contact easy safe to be sure.

I use it on my android games and web games.

playerprefs is good to save preferences like key bindings / music on/off and things like that..

and so is it commonplace to use encryption?  that whole step in the uploading process about being the law to say whether you use it or not... does that have any bearing on the player experience?  do we have to have some kind of popup or something?  I don't notice this when I play games... so I'm assuming we just use it.. say yes we are using it... and that's the end of it... correct?

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 04:19:19 PM »
Hi,
I don't have any experience with the ios appstore,

Maybe you should look here

on the apple's dev page is also some information.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 04:33:49 PM by djaydino »

4ppleseed

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2017, 04:15:25 AM »
Use easysave2. You already have it and it's excellent. It's very simple to set up.

There is already a guide here:
http://docs.moodkie.com/easy-save-2/guides/playmaker-saving-and-loading/