playMaker

Author Topic: VRTK Actions  (Read 19942 times)

Groo Gadgets

• Beta Group
Re: VRTK Actions
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2017, 07:35:08 PM »
Heya,

Only just discovered this thread! Well done and keep up the good work! I will start to have a play with these next week when I get back onto my current project.

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2017, 04:58:14 AM »
Totally. I havent targeted google myself, as I only have a Vive, but let me know how it goes. Also join us at our playmaker slack channel (there is a bunch of us that do VR with playmaker there): https://invite-playmaker-slack.herokuapp.com/

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2017, 02:58:00 AM »
Another update to this thread. Ill try and keep it all in one place from now on, so its easier to find.

Tutorial: VRTK (Vive VR) using Levers with Playmaker in Unity :
In this tutorial we look at levers and how to get the lever values into playmaker using our custom action (free). In this example we make a switch that turns off and on to activate a light and set an on/off bool, when we move the lever up and down in VR. You could extend this to play sounds, give force feedback and more.

Download VRTK playmaker actions here: https://github.com/dumbgamedev/VRTK_Playmaker3x
Join us on slack for chat: https://invite-playmaker-slack.herokuapp.com

Liked this tutorial and free playmaker action? Support me on Pateron for more: http://patreon.com/playmaker

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2017, 07:56:29 AM »
Snap zone actions have been added.

(Gets the gameobject leaving or entering the snap zones.)
ObjectEnteredSnapDropZone.cs
ObjectExitedSnapDropZone.cs
ObjectSnappedToSnapDropZone.cs
ObjectUnsnappedToSnapDropZone.cs

(Sets snap zone properties)
SetSnapDropZoneHighlight.cs   
SetSnapDropZoneHighlightActive.cs   
SetSnapDropZoneObjectOutline.cs   
SetSnapDropZoneScaling.cs   
SetSnapDropZoneSnapDuration.cs   
SetSnapDropZoneSnapType.cs
SetSnapDropZoneValidObjectList.cs

These work with the example scene in VRTK 041_Controller_ObjectSnappingToDropZones

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2017, 07:58:06 AM »
Another update, all the actions have been separated into various VRTK action categories for better management, as this list of actions have been getting long. Ie, they are now in VRTK Locomotion, VRTK Interaction, VRTK Controller in the playmaker action browser., etc. This should not be a breaking update (but always backup first if you are concerned).

beowulfkaine

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2017, 11:15:39 AM »
I'm getting a

"Assets/VRTK_Playmaker3x/TriggerEvents/GetPointerUseObject.cs(23,17): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `WhirlygigPlaymaker' does not exist in the namespace `VRTK.Examples'. Are you missing an assembly reference?
"
on the new build?

beowulfkaine

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2017, 11:24:05 AM »
Snap zone actions have been added.

(Gets the gameobject leaving or entering the snap zones.)
ObjectEnteredSnapDropZone.cs
ObjectExitedSnapDropZone.cs
ObjectSnappedToSnapDropZone.cs
ObjectUnsnappedToSnapDropZone.cs

(Sets snap zone properties)
SetSnapDropZoneHighlight.cs   
SetSnapDropZoneHighlightActive.cs   
SetSnapDropZoneObjectOutline.cs   
SetSnapDropZoneScaling.cs   
SetSnapDropZoneSnapDuration.cs   
SetSnapDropZoneSnapType.cs
SetSnapDropZoneValidObjectList.cs

These work with the example scene in VRTK 041_Controller_ObjectSnappingToDropZones

I was wondering if there was a manual for how to use the drop zones or a video in the works?

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2017, 11:37:04 AM »
Oops. I didnt mean to include that action yet. Its not ready as you can see.

You can delete this file safely. Assets/VRTK_Playmaker3x/TriggerEvents/GetPointerUseObject.cs

The VRTK people did not make any video or tutorial for that scene. I am sort of familiar on how to set it up. There are lots of variations of course. Its too bad they didnt make one. I plan on making a short one but havent had time yet. I would suggest playing with the demo scene and seeing how things are set up.

beowulfkaine

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2017, 11:41:07 AM »
Oops. I didnt mean to include that action yet. Its not ready as you can see.

You can delete this file safely. Assets/VRTK_Playmaker3x/TriggerEvents/GetPointerUseObject.cs

The VRTK people did not make any video or tutorial for that scene. I am sort of familiar on how to set it up. There are lots of variations of course. Its too bad they didnt make one. I plan on making a short one but havent had time yet. I would suggest playing with the demo scene and seeing how things are set up.

Ok, well I have a few other things I can work on to give you time to make a video (if your making one  ;) ) I am also almost ready to give you a sample scene based on all the help you've given me, just to see the results of some of your assistance! (HTC-VIVE needed of course) Also made a post on your other topic about making a 20$ option for patreon?

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2017, 12:38:44 PM »
You can also join us on our playmaker slack channel. There is a couple of active people in the channel who do playmaker + VRTK and are working on Vive projects. Its not a huge group but we chat almost daily. You can drop your samples in their if you would like some friendly feedback on things or share WIP videos, etc. https://invite-playmaker-slack.herokuapp.com

Cool, I will have a look at the test scene!

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2017, 08:10:14 AM »
New actions have been added. Feedback if they are not working please and I will do my best to correct them.

They can be found in the VRTK playmaker project at github. These ones are specifically in the pointer folder here: https://github.com/dumbgamedev/VRTK_Playmaker3x/tree/master/Pointer

1. pointerDestinationInfo

Add the VRTK_DestinationMarker_UnityEvents script to your controller to make this action work. Then this action can get whatever your controller is pointing at with the pointer. (If you are missing the script on your controller, this action will prompt you to add it). Choose your VRTK controller as the "game object" in this action.

2. getControllerInt

Set the game object to your controller (same as always). This action will return your controller index number.

3. activatePointer

this one can force turn on and off the pointer (using a bool). Requires the pointer script to be added to your controller.

4. getPointerStatus,

will check to see if the pointer is currently on or off. Same as above, needs the pointer script on the controller to work.

Doh

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2017, 03:12:21 PM »
Hey Tcmeric,

I'm using your actions for VRTK, wonderfully useful!

I'm trying to do a check to see if a controller is currently grabbing an object. I see that you have a way of finding which controller is grabbing a specific object, though I want to find out if a controller is holding any object at all. Is this possible with your current actions or VRTK in general?

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2017, 10:30:21 PM »
You can do a null check on the "get grabbed game object". If it is null, then nothing is being grabbed. Try the action "game object is null".

Doh

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2017, 10:47:50 PM »
hmm I just re-downloaded your actions from your git today and I've not got a "get grabbed game object" action, only a "get grabbed objects gameobject". Have you released other actions separately?

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2017, 01:33:48 AM »
That would be the action.